Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really someone wants to see Broner/Burns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    His promoter Frank Warren is asking.
    So Frank Warren is ducking for him. It's still a duck.

It's fine to expect a high payday for this bout. But within reason. Asking for triple or quadruple his career best is insane. HBO didn't budget that much for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      So Frank Warren is ducking for him. It's still a duck.

It's fine to expect a high payday for this bout. But within reason. Asking for triple or quadruple his career best is insane. HBO didn't budget that much for this fight.
      I don't even know if that's true but if you flip the situation around, how much extra would Broner's promoter ask for to make the fight in Scotland? I would imagine it would not come cheap.

I hope they make the fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Best fighter at 135 without proving so & beats Burns based on nothing than you claiming he has 'different skill and athleticism' without even seeing Burns in action? And you're patronising somebody else for an educated opinion? GTFO!
        Oh please, his educated opinion says footwork is bad lol, and if you can spot an athlete and say they have bad footwork when in all likely hood they have great footwork then your opinion is worth nil... You Sir GTFOH

Dont take a rocket scientist to know Broner bout to run through divisions like a track athlete. You living in fantasies if you think some chump named burns even stands a chance. Thats two weight classes and two titles already 130 and 135... Burns who? You mofo's think boxing is some kind of defined art, nope. When a real athlete, (you know someone athletic) takes the sport up then combines skill with it there is no chance for the rest of these bums plain and simple. Train as hard as you want burns your talent level can max out and still not reach broner status. Different level and different skill sets.

And once again GTFOH

Comment

and I'm about sick of looking through this thread with people saying Broner is OVER HYPED... Then Picking him to win by KO or UD.

Just say you dont like him and then state why. If You pick him to win he is the better fighter in your own opinion. If you dont like all the attention he gets then that is also your personal opinion but believe the hype, he is the real deal...

Comment

i really have never seen burns fight, but i say no he doesnt beat broner right now. the guy is a speed MACHINE and we all know speed kills.

if burns were to win it'd be an extremely controversial decision, and he'd have to have a perfect game plan and have the luckiest fight of his life, and it'd be a huge upset.

i am intrigued to see who can beat broner though.

i do think if anything broner though is being a TAD overhyped. he is good however. I do think someone can beat him though, as I do his idol also. They both just aren't fighting the right people.
            Last edited by killamoneymike; 01-02-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by usaboxing20 View Post
              and I'm about sick of looking through this thread with people saying Broner is OVER HYPED... Then Picking him to win by KO or UD.

Just say you dont like him and then state why. If You pick him to win he is the better fighter in your own opinion. If you dont like all the attention he gets then that is also your personal opinion but believe the hype, he is the real deal...
              Well said....

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                i really have never seen burns fight, but i say no he doesnt beat broner right now. the guy is a speed MACHINE and we all know speed kills.

if burns were to win it'd be an extremely controversial decision, and he'd have to have a perfect game plan and have the luckiest fight of his life, and it'd be a huge upset.

i am intrigued to see who can beat broner though.

i do think if anything broner though is being a TAD overhyped. he is good however. I do think someone can beat him though, as I do his idol also. They both just aren't fighting the right people.
                Floyd is the best, period. If he loses to anyone, its because he got old. Broner is a work in progress and he already looks this good.

Comment

Working...
                X