Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christopher Columbus: Great Italian Explorer or Murdering Thief?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patty Tanager View Post
    I'm not listening to that trash.

Comment

Great Italian explorer.

I find it ironic that the same people arguing for open borders today, are so diametrically opposed to it in Columbus' day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Great Italian explorer.

I find it ironic that the same people arguing for open borders today, are so diametrically opposed to it in Columbus' day.
        I am not for open borders, I was just answering the ridiculous point made by Jack that it doesn't matter what you do as long as you achieve something great.

He cited Hitler as a great man in his point, possibly the most evil human being to ever exist....

Millions of people died brutally at the hands of the conquerors of these lands. they were murdered, infected with disease their bodies couldn't handle because they were never exposed to and enslaved for centuries.

Yes Colombus did great things but I won't be celebrating his legend anytime soon. This is also why in Mexico you don't see many statues, streets or days named after him or Hernando Cortez.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
          so is he a murderer or isn't he you confused, contradictory, basement dwelling, e-thug.
          I don't know if he murdered personally, but the guys he travelled with probably killed a few people.

Why is that so hard to understand? They were traveling at a time when they weren't even sure what they were gonna find.

I imagine a lot of the violence was in self defense too. Part of the job description when you're exploring. You gotta be prepared for anything.

Why are you mad?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            I am not for open borders, I was just answering the ridiculous point made by Jack that it doesn't matter what you do as long as you achieve something great.

He cited Hitler as a great man in his point, possibly the most evil human being to ever exist....

Millions of people died brutally at the hands of the conquerors of these lands. they were murdered, infected with disease their bodies couldn't handle because they were never exposed to and enslaved for centuries.

Yes Colombus did great things but I won't be celebrating his legend anytime soon. This is also why in Mexico you don't see many statues, streets or days named after him or Hernando Cortez.....
            You're just a hater cuz' Colombus owned your corrupt people who were ripe for being conquered.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
              You're just a hater cuz' Colombus owned your corrupt people who were ripe for being conquered.
              Coming from someone who thinks Hitler is a great man.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                Coming from someone who thinks Hitler is a great man.....
                In certain respects, he was a great man.

Comment

I don't know if he murdered personally, but the guys he travelled with probably killed a few people.

Why is that so hard to understand? They were traveling at a time when they weren't even sure what they were gonna find.

I imagine a lot of the violence was in self defense too. Part of the job description when you're exploring. You gotta be prepared for anything.

Why are you mad?

i'm not. i was yelling because i wanted you to hear me.

Comment

In certain respects, he was a great man.
                    Nothing is great about Hitler, because regardless of the method, it's the outcome that is most important.

I get so tired of hearing how Hitler was a great orator and leader of men, the only problem is, what he leaded them to do and what resulted because of it.

So no, Hitler was not great in any fashion. As a matter of fact he died like a coward, the way most dictators do, they never practice what they preach.

Comment

Both.

Comment

Working...
                      X