No announcement yet.

Disney making new STAR WARS movies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney making new STAR WARS movies

Disney have bought Lucasfilm and the Star Wars property and plan to release Episode 7 in 2015, followed by a whole succession of new movies.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disn...-lucasfilm-ltd

Donald Duck the Jedi

Comment

So Lucas is finally selling out in the literal sense. Guess it's the only way he had left to do

Comment

**** that stupid prick lucas.

1+2 were ****ing disasters, he ruined the whole series

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            **** that stupid prick lucas.

1+2 were ****ing disasters, he ruined the whole series
            agreed...

the knights of the old republic RPG were superior in terms of narrative and content TBH...

Comment

oh well, i been waiting like 20 years for episode 7. I mean the Empire still has a fleet of star destroyers and troops all over the galaxy. The war continues. . .

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
                you mean 4 & 5? 6 also wasn't that great....

but it seems like disney is taking over... marvel comics and now lucasfilm. plus they have pixar...
                phantom menace/clone wars i mean by 1 +2.

Comment

I think Lucas' logic is sound, Star Wars is going to live beyond him, but this way he has some control over the outcome as he's selling it now while he's living. Think about how things would have fared had he died suddenly? I'm sure he has a battalion of lawyers and such that would carry out his last wishes, but who could do it better than he could? The Star Wars franchise was and is going to be inevitably interpreted by a new generation of story tellers, and yes, their take on Lucas' myth will be different, but different doesn't have to be worse.

I grew up with Lucas' movies and I remember how they thrilled and inspired my imagination. I could wish no better fate for these characters and stories than to be passed on to the next generation. Hope Disney will do them some justice, and I have a feeling that they'll outlive Disney too....

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    agreed...

the knights of the old republic RPG were superior in terms of narrative and content TBH...
                    that's my favourite game ever

played through about 4 times doing all the mini quests i could each time.

Comment

Working...
                    X