No announcement yet.

Boxing in self defence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing in self defence?

What part of the head should you aim for to avoid breaking your hand or wirst?

Originally posted by Gavin1 View Post
    sides of the chin/nose

Comment

yea the chin/jaw is the #1 spot to hit if you want a knock out,you have to hit him from the side because the brain touching the skull is what causes the knock out.

Comment

Cool thanks guys, could you hit the front of the Chin without hurting your hand? And what about the Cheekbones?

Comment

hit the forehead. jk. just aim for the face and keep your fist tight!

Comment

I believe that if you hit the chin at the "corner" or the "sharp part" let's say with a straight right you will hurt your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin1 View Post
              if you brake your wrist, you weren't punching right anyway.

stay away from the crown of the head and the forehead and you'll be alright.

if you find that a guy is trying to run you into hard parts of the body like elbows and forehead.

then use palm strikes instead of punches.

slaps using you palm for hooks.

straight punches should look like this.

you'll lose some reach though. so be careful.

Comment

A clean liver shot should put them down and just walk away after. That's what I would do in a self defense situation. I haven't had to use my boxing since I've learned for self defense yet. Nobody messes with me like that these days as an adult. I could of use boxing when I was a kid though. I'd get bullied a lot because I was always the smallest kid around. I use to punch at bigger guys like "Little Mac" from the NES Punch Out game lol. If they were tall I'd jump like him too.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.thraz View Post
                  if you brake your wrist, you weren't punching right anyway.

stay away from the crown of the head and the forehead and you'll be alright.

if you find that a guy is trying to run you into hard parts of the body like elbows and forehead.

then use palm strikes instead of punches.

slaps using you palm for hooks.

straight punches should look like this.

you'll lose some reach though. so be careful.
                  Done that in a street fight before, the fella had me on the ground shoving his Elbow into my throat so I shoved the heel of my hand up into his face and caught him on the nose, **** me there was some amount of blood.

Comment

Punching bare handed is different than punching with wraps and gloves. That's why you often hear about boxers who get into a street fight break their hands. Now breaking a hand while breaking a guys jaw, if your life is in peril is a worthwhile trade-off.

My suggestion is to as mentioned hit the face with open hands- a palm into the nose or under the chin, a slap against the ear can be painful (have you ever had that happen to you in the ring?).

If you must throw punches, throw body shots, most people in the street don't know how to defend against those anyway. A great upper target that won't harm your hands is the throat. Again, no one expects to be hit there, most untrained fighters don't stick their chin down against their shoulder as a defensive ploy, and even a light jab into the adam's apple will end many a fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X