Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Provodnikov refused April 18th being a title fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    So if the interim title was on the line, and Garcia vacated, the Provo-Lucas winner would automatically become full champion ahead of mandatory Postol?

Weird, but I guess the WBC can do what it likes.
    Yup, the interim title and silver title are both slightly different.
    WBC SilverEdit
    The WBC has also created a "Silver" world title in 2010. Justin Savi was the first to win it on April 16, 2010, fighting against Cyril Thomas in France. The Silver title was created as a replacement to the interim title.[1] But unlike its predecessor, a boxer holding the Silver title cannot inherit the full title vacated by the champion. The WBC continues to recognize Interim and Silver champions, as well as Interim Silver champions.[2]

Comment

Winner is fighting pacqiao next for sure. Hopefully matthysse. Neither one of them is getting floyd.

Comment

whatever who cares about the title, but no way danny fights either guy

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Another case of "unlucky Lucas" lol...

Comment

Who cares? Title or not, this is still going to be an awesome fight

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                So if the interim title was on the line, and Garcia vacated, the Provo-Lucas winner would automatically become full champion ahead of mandatory Postol?

Weird, but I guess the WBC can do what it likes.
                Nobody to blame but Postol. He accepted Haymon's bribe or else he could've fought Danny Gift or for his vacated title already. Instead, Postol has been inactive and is fighting a crap fight this weekend. I hope he got paid a lot in that step aside money because that decision might have ruined his career.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                  Another case of "unlucky Lucas" lol...
                  Not really as he'll be fighting Postol next for the belt if he wins anyway. Or potentially Pacquaio

Comment

Working...
                  X