Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price Plans To Continue, Lewis Promises To Fix Stamina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched that fight.Price was definitely exhausted. Burnt himself out in the 3rd and 4th after he got that KD.

He basically just quit. He wasn't really that hurt, but more tired. Doesn't say much for him in the future. Once you quit once, it can become a cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      His chin was not the problem this time, he took some massive shots at the end of the 5th and wasn't knocked down, however his stamina was pathetic, he was so tired that he couldn't lift his arms to protect himself anymore.
      This is some Stevie Bunce exaggeration right here ^^

I am probably the biggest Tony Thompson on the forum and I have watched him fight plenty times and he doesn't have a massive punch in his arsenal.

The punches he landed on Price were solid clean shots but they wouldn't have undone any other decent HW nearly as fast as they did Price.

Comment

He gassed out because he threw a few combinations after he dropped Thompson. An elite level athlete isn't supposed to have **** stamina like this, especially somebody who doesn't have to cut weight.

Comment

I think part of Price's problem is his size. The Klitschkos are the perfect sized heavyweights; they're massive, but not so massive that their athleticism or stamina suffers.

Can Price, at lumbering 6'8, improve his stamina and defense enough to compete at the world level? I mean, he's already 30.

Comment

Fury's has no stamina issue and he's taller. Price just needs to get rounds under his belt. Kevin Johnson would be a good future opponent but not until he's fought some Euro level guys first.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              I think part of Price's problem is his size. The Klitschkos are the perfect sized heavyweights; they're massive, but not so massive that their athleticism or stamina suffers.

Can Price, at lumbering 6'8, improve his stamina and defense enough to compete at the world level? I mean, he's already 30.
              Actually Wlad has stamina issues, it's one of the reasons why he throws so few punches (the other being he's very risk averse). Against Wach he looked really gassed at several moments in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Actually Wlad has stamina issues, it's one of the reasons why he throws so few punches (the other being he's very risk averse). Against Wach he looked really gassed at several moments in the fight.
                Can you explain how you come to the conclusion that Wlad "throws so few punches" when he threw 693 against Wach. An average of 58/round that greatly exceeds the HW average of 45/per.

Contrast Wlad with David Haye (290 thrown in 12 against Wlad) and Povetkin who threw 561 against Huck and was so exhausted he couldn't stand.

Wlad may not have the best stamina but he has a long history of averaging over 50 punches thrown per round, which is something practically no other HW aside from Vitali can say.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  he threw alot of power shots in that fight. I was actually impressed with his stamina that night

Comment

Why would Price retire hes British and Commonwealth champion so defend them belts and get his confidence back.

Its only his pride thats dented.

Win the British out right work his way to Euro level and in 18 months 2 years time go to world level and he'll be 32 or 33 still not too old

Comment

Lennox is wasting his time with Price. Price doesn't have the skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X