Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview to Sergio Martínez Live in spanish (link of argentine TV)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
    wtf... did he explained whose the dude with a suave pink shirt that he hugged like hell after his last fight?...
    He said he had a partner, with whom he shares all his 3 companies in Madrid. I believe it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      I didn't see this interview, but I'm positive Nicolino meant to say a bouncer, not a dancer.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwbYM...1&feature=plcp

1.25 "trabajé bailando en un boliche" which means "i've worked as a dancer in a club"
      then he was asked if he was a stripper and answered "no, with my clothes on"

He also said some tough stuff like he had his first dinner at the age of fourteen when he started working. Before that his brothers and him just had some tea and a piece of bread for dinner the only one who had dinner at his home was his father.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
        He said his most important win of his career was when he won in Manchester the IBO title. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgwbYUo4LNs
        Hah, I actually uploaded that video. After Martinez mentioned the Richard Williams fight was on youtube, the video views on my youtube channel skyrocketed.

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed it's a lifetime record. Even more views than the day before the Macklin fight.

His twitter followers also doubled after this interview. I don't know why he doesn't take an interim fight in Argentina before he fights Chavez. Argentinians really seem to want to see him fight over there.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-02-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Hah, I actually uploaded that video. After Martinez mentioned the Richard Williams fight was on youtube, the video views on my youtube channel skyrocketed.

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed it's a lifetime record. Even more views than the day before the Macklin fight.

His twitter followers also doubled after this interview. I don't know why he doesn't take an interim fight in Argentina before he fights in Chavez. Argentinians really seem to want to see him fight over there.
          I also noticed this. This interview was in prime time at national TV. His twitter and facebook accounts have more follower and there are lots of common people here in Argentina saying that don't like boxing but that Sergio is his idol which doesn't make sense. There seems to be some kind of Maravilla fever now in Argentina since the stand up comedy routine of last friday, he is in every show and newspaper. People like his image of sensitive humble but succesfull and rich boxer. Here boxers tend to end his life tragically and Sergio is the opposite and people love it. All the argentine boxing fans new Martinez for years, but this is different, finally casual fans have known that one of the best P4P of the worl is argentinian. By the way it is said that Chavez fight moves to the october the 15th and after this he would be doing a defense of the title in Argentina but in 2013.
          The thing that happen with the video is that he told an anecdote that when he was knocked down he stood up and looked to his father and felt ashamed and then won the fight later. He is a great storyteller that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
            He worked as a dancer in a dance club in Madrid.

After every fight he cries for 40 minutes alone, he showers and he eats alone and goes to sleep.
            The gay rumors aren't gonna stop anytime soon...

Comment

His twitter followers also doubled after this interview. I don't know why he doesn't take an interim fight in Argentina before he fights Chavez. Argentinians really seem to want to see him fight over there.
              Great youtube channel DoktorSleepless, hard to find stuff. Here are 45 minutes of this last interview.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex86CWKYtR0

Comment

I also noticed this. This interview was in prime time at national TV. His twitter and facebook accounts have more follower and there are lots of common people here in Argentina saying that don't like boxing but that Sergio is his idol which doesn't make sense. There seems to be some kind of Maravilla fever now in Argentina since the stand up comedy routine of last friday, he is in every show and newspaper. People like his image of sensitive humble but succesfull and rich boxer. Here boxers tend to end his life tragically and Sergio is the opposite and people love it. All the argentine boxing fans new Martinez for years, but this is different, finally casual fans have known that one of the best P4P of the worl is argentinian. By the way it is said that Chavez fight moves to the october the 15th and after this he would be doing a defense of the title in Argentina but in 2013.
                The thing that happen with the video is that he told an anecdote that when he was knocked down he stood up and looked to his father and felt ashamed and then won the fight later. He is a great storyteller that's for sure.
                Heard it got a 6.7 rating (I think it means 6.7% of Argentinian households). Don't know if that's good compared to what the show usually gets though.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                The gay rumors aren't gonna stop anytime soon...
                He did say he was divorced in this interview. Something I never heard before. Presumably with a woman.

Comment

[QUOTE=DoktorSleepless;12072093]Heard it got a 6.7 rating (I think it means 6.7% of Argentinian households). Don't know if that's good compared to what the show usually gets though.

It´s good campared to what the show usually gets and it´s not one of the most popular TV channels. 6.7 i guess it must be 700.000 people.

Comment

Working...
                  X