Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marcos Maidana...Beat Morales silly..not sure what fight the judges seen..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcos Maidana...Beat Morales silly..not sure what fight the judges seen..

I think A lot of people that claim to know boxing are clueless. They tend to listen to what others say and are easily influenced.

Marcos Maidana put a whooping on morales last night, now everyone is brainless. People keep saying saying Marcos looked horrible, Marcos looked sluggish, blah blah blah. The dude was in a fight with a veteran that knows how to box. Marcos looked good against khan and ortiz cause those guys were fighting to survive. Marcos had them on the run and was beating them silly. And imo the fight with khan shouldved been stopped in the tenth. Needless to say, Morales is WAYYYYY better then khan and ortiz. Morales wasnt running even after taking BIG shots, the dude kept coming forward and fighting. And thats why people assume that Marcos performance was poor.

Yeah Morales looked good in some spurts, in some rounds but come on that fight really wasnt close. Morales star power and commentators talked people into seeing a different fight. Yeah he looked good for a 34 year old that been in a few wars, but compared to his old self he was far from fresh. But his style still made it a akward fight because he dose have those skills to box....but to say marcos fought poor is foolish...

U seen Morales face....he took a beating..

I have to agree actually. Everyone got caught up with his flurries after Maidana did all the work.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
      I have to agree actually. Everyone got caught up with his flurries after Maidana did all the work.
      sometimes people need to watch fights with the volume on mute. They tend to repeat everything the commentators say...its crazy smh..

Comment

Khan won 8-4 rounds over Maidana, and obviously the fight shouldn't have been stopped in the 10th because Khan survived, won the 11th, and won the fight.

Style make fights, and a slugger who walks through punches to land his own will always be Khan's kryptonite. I don't even give Khan much credit for the win. Maidana is a crude, power puncher, and nothing else.

Comment

I don't know what fight you were watching, I had it a draw. Morales was never hurt, landed the much higher percentage of punches and landed the harder shots. He even hurt Maidana at least 2 times.

I had it a draw. Just because he swelled up doesn't mean anything, he's 34 years old and his body doesn't react like it used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            I don't know what fight you were watching, I had it a draw. Morales was never hurt, landed the much higher percentage of punches and landed the harder shots. He even hurt Maidana at least 2 times.

I had it a draw. Just because he swelled up doesn't mean anything, he's 34 years old and his body doesn't react like it used to.
            I had it a draw as well. But in reality it was a moral victory for Morales. He is a shot fighter that doesn't have a lot left in the tank, and ended up schooling Maidana for large proportions of the fight. He may not have won the fight, but he looked more impressive in losing than Khan did in winning. That shows the difference between a great fighter and a world champion.

Comment

Maidana was wreckless. Half of his punches were push shots!

Morales landed 30% of his punches. Most of them Crisp and painfull.

Comment

Maidana won the fight on the 12th round. Morales had him shaken several times, and was often times the better boxer. All while having his eye closed for nearly the whole entire fight.

Comment

I thought so little of Maidana coming into this due to the fact that he got outboxed by a shot to **** Corley but now I think even less of him, what a piece of **** fighter, seriously I've never disliked a fighter as much as I do him (maybe JCC).

Comment

The real question is, what fight were you watching, LeeBaby?

You just see someone throwing wildly, regardless of actually landing - and consider that beating someone silly? Thank god you're not a judge.

I think it was a close fight that could have gone either way, and even though I don't really like Maidana, I'm glad that he won (will lead to more interesting fights).

But c'mon now. People were expecting him to go in there and spark Morales out within 3. Instead, Morales gets his eye swollen shut IN THE FIRST ROUND, and continues to put on a respectable performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X