Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyones beef with Chad Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyones beef with Chad Dawson?

Almost this entire forum wanted him to lose on last saturday, seemingly not because you were cheering for Pascal but because you seem to have a beef with Chad.

So what's the problem? Is it his personality? The fact that he was unbeaten? That he doesn't fight 3 times a year? His boxing style?

I don't get it. I think he seems like a nice enough guy, he's dedicated, he's got great skill and hi displays it very nicely each time he fights.

so noone has a beef with him then? I've must have imagined all the hate posts.

Comment

It's bandwagon fans is what it is. I think Dawson had a lot of fans on this board prior to the fight, half of them no more.

Comment

He's boring, but my main problem is that he acted like a right F after the fight, making excuse after excuse.

I mean, really, I didn't realize it was the headbutts that allowed him to land combination after combination on you, and kept you super tentative to throw your power punches all night.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          He's boring, but my main problem is that he acted like a right F after the fight, making excuse after excuse.

I mean, really, I didn't realize it was the headbutts that allowed him to land combination after combination on you, and kept you super tentative to throw your power punches all night.
          it's expected of a fighter to give excuses after he loses his 0, you won't find a humble boxer just after losing his first fight. They're fighters, they hate to lose.

In hindsight I'm sure he will look at the fight and kick himself that he didn't start putting the hurt on Pascal until the 11th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Doorag View Post
            it's expected of a fighter to give excuses after he loses his 0, you won't find a humble boxer just after losing his first fight. They're fighters, they hate to lose.

In hindsight I'm sure he will look at the fight and kick himself that he didn't start putting the hurt on Pascal until the 11th round.
            One of the reasons I like Paul Williams so much is the fact that he gave no excuses for his loss against Quintana. He merely said that he never got into his rhythm.

He also had a classic line after the rematch. "Man, you can't accept winning if you can't accept losing".

I did think Dawson was being particularly childish about his first loss though... it wasn't quite as bad as Abraham after Dirrell, but... He just refused to give any credit to Pascal that wasn't overshadowed by allegations of head butts and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
              One of the reasons I like Paul Williams so much is the fact that he gave no excuses for his loss against Quintana. He merely said that he never got into his rhythm.

He also had a classic line after the rematch. "Man, you can't accept winning if you can't accept losing".

I did think Dawson was being particularly childish about his first loss though... it wasn't quite as bad as Abraham after Dirrell, but... He just refused to give any credit to Pascal that wasn't overshadowed by allegations of head butts and what not.
              Williams is probably one of a kind in that department though, normally fighters can't stomach a loss, particularly not right after a fight.

And I feel for Dawson, he could well have gone on to get enough knockdowns or the knock out he needed to win the fight, was it not for the head butt.

Comment

Almost this entire forum wanted him to lose on last saturday, seemingly not because you were cheering for Pascal but because you seem to have a beef with Chad.

So what's the problem? Is it his personality? The fact that he was unbeaten? That he doesn't fight 3 times a year? His boxing style?

I don't get it. I think he seems like a nice enough guy, he's dedicated, he's got great skill and hi displays it very nicely each time he fights.
                Fighting once a year = dedication??? lol

Comment

Williams is probably one of a kind in that department though, normally fighters can't stomach a loss, particularly not right after a fight.

And I feel for Dawson, he could well have gone on to get enough knockdowns or the knock out he needed to win the fight, was it not for the head butt.
                  Yeah, and he also could have done so for the previous 10 rounds where he sat there and got outworked by a guy who threw one combination a round.

Plus, Pascal has never been down... I doubt the KO was coming.

Finally, this is boxing, this sort of thing happens, so you have to be winning rounds in case something like that happens, so shame on Chad.

Comment

dawson's the man....he just needs to get his personal life together, and start taking boxing more seriously. i did get the impression he thought he was just gonna show up and beat pascal. in boxing, you get out what you put in. hopefully chad turns all these negatives into positives, and comes back better than ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X