Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pirog proved America is the most respected country when it comes to boxing....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirog proved America is the most respected country when it comes to boxing....

As much as you may not like it...you have to admit America is the most respected country when it comes to boxing....

Take Pirog for example...had he KO'd an overhyped Brit, Rican or Mexican...no one would have over hyped him...but the fact that he beat an overhyped American proves that beating Americans gains you more respect.....

America is where the money is that is why there is respect. People respect money.

Comment

Well boxing is ran largely by US based organisations and US media outlets have the biggest influence on who is hyped up or not, so what you're saying is kinda obvious.

Comment

America has a great record for producing world-class fighters, but I think the main reason for Pirog's hype after that fight is that it was on HBO, and the fact that (with May and Pac unwilling to step up) people are looking to create a challenge for Sergio.

Martinez got a lot of praise when he defeated Bunema on HBO, even though there was no America fighter involved it still provoked a lot "no wonder Forrest is ducking him" talk.

Exposure is the key ingredient, not nationality.

Comment

Well, true.

Bashing American's is always a great way to get in the shop window.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
            America is where the money is that is why there is respect. People respect money.
            Money is part of it, and the fact that we are still the most dominant military force in the world. Im in the Army so I might be little biased on that, and we still have, for the most part, the best athletes in the world, excluding the heavyweight division in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnybur View Post
              Money is part of it, and the fact that we are still the most dominant military force in the world. Im in the Army so I might be little biased on that, and we still have, for the most part, the best athletes in the world, excluding the heavyweight division in boxing.
              I'm pretty confused.

Comment

Pirog looked like **** today.

Comment

Working...
                X