No announcement yet.

Top 10 Most Overrated Films since 1990

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Most Overrated Films since 1990

Just my opinion. What are some you can think of?

1. Titanic
    2. Chicago
    3. Avatar
    4. Shakespeare in Love
    5. Braveheart
    6. Erin Brockovich
    7. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
    8. Slumdog Millionaire
    9. Dances With Wolves
    10. The English Patient

Honorable Mentions:
    Schinder's List
    Million Dollar Baby
    Last edited by 4Corners; 03-20-2014, 11:35 PM.

You've clearly given these some thought considering your latest threads about movies. I can't think of ten movies right now so I'll give you one.

Heat - starring Pacino and Deniro.

Not much happens in the movie and bang, you realize you've wasted 3 hours of your day on it.
    Last edited by cupocity303; 03-20-2014, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
      You've clearly given these some thought given your latest threads about movies. I can't think of ten movies right now so I'll give you one.

Heat - starring Pacino and Deniro.

Not much happens in the movie and bang, you realize you've wasted 3 hours of your day on it.
      Damn man. I love Heat, but hey.

I can't fathom how people think any Lord of the Rings movies were the best of the year, let alone the 3rd one sweeping all it's awards including winning Best Picture. Maybe I'm just not into that ****, Idk....

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Damn man. I love Heat, but hey.

I can't fathom how people think any Lord of the Rings movies were the best of the year, let alone the 3rd one sweeping all it's awards including winning Best Picture. Maybe I'm just not into that ****, Idk....
        On that we agree. I can't even rate Lord of the Rings because I have never seen any of them. I have never seen any of the Pirates of the Caribbean either, which is the same genre. Never seen any Harry Potter movie. Crap, crap, crap.

Comment

Comment

From Oscar nominated/Winners

The Departed
            sideways
            Goodfellas
            The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
            The Hurt Locker
            Argo

Haven seen Chicago or the Artiest and I don't feel like seeing it anytime soon

Comment

I don't think any seriously crafted movie can be overrated.

What you see in a movie is a reflection of the person you are at the time. That's why we can appreciate movies that we didn't like when we were different people.

That's the true beauty of acting. When the performer breaths life into the role by showing the audience a reflection of their soul in relation to the plot.

Whatever is real can never be unreal.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 03-21-2014, 12:09 AM.

Comment

By the way, I didn't say that I didn't like Heat.

You asked about overrated films since 1990 and I immediately thought of Heat - since it gets heaps of praise. That doesn't mean that I didn't like it.

Overrated does not mean = Crap movie. Heck, I watched the full 3 hours of it, at least three times during reruns a few years ago. But that's how you realize how much time goes by, and how little happens by comparison. That movie fell in love with itself and the collision course/encounter between two actors from the "Gangster" genre.
                Last edited by cupocity303; 03-21-2014, 12:13 AM.

Comment

1.The Dark Knight
                  2.The Dark Knight Rises
                  3.Avatar
                  4.Inception
                  5.Gravity
                  6.7.8.9.10 etc Harry Potter films and all those kiddy animation films like Shrek.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    1.The Dark Knight
                    2.The Dark Knight Rises
                    Neither were overrated, at all. No one called them Oscar award winning movies, but as far as comic book movies go, you can't get any better than either movie.

Also, Slumdog Millionaire was a great movie, and yes, Avatar was the most boring movie I've ever seen besides Watchmen.

Comment

Working...
                    X