No announcement yet.

Fights that never happened

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights that never happened

Its so stupid that pacman vs mayweather dint happen and more than probably wont. Is this the only time where a fight this big never happened? If not which 1 gets the top spot?
    Last edited by likeamulekick; 09-09-2013, 04:43 PM.

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    Its so stupid that pacman vs mayweather dint happen and more than probably wont. Is this the only time where a fight this big never happened? If not which 1 gets the top spot?
    The fights that occur to me first are Lewis-Bowe and Tyson-Foreman in the 1990's.

Comment

Bowe-lewis in 93

foremen vs tyson in 95

holyfield vs tyson in 89,90

camacho vs pernell in 87-92

jones vs collins, benn, eubanks,michlewski, liles, nunn

pryor vs hearns, srl, duran

foremen vs ali rematch

manny vs floyd

calzaghe vs ottke

jmm vs morales

Comment

Foreman vs Holmes...........fireworks would go off! Tuff fight for both!! Ray

Comment

Duran vs cervantanes in 76-77

Comment

mayweather - pacqauio is undoubtedly the biggest. bowe - lewis would have been big, but not 2.5-3 million, $75 ppv big.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
              Prime Tyson and Lewis, at least 1 of them were ducking!

We missed out! Lennox would have been spanked!

Earnie Shavers - Foreman (Foreman kept ducking him the pansy)

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                Prime Tyson and Lewis, at least 1 of them were ducking!

We missed out! Lennox would have been spanked!

Earnie Shavers - Foreman (Foreman kept ducking him the pansy)
                Why would Foreman of all people duck Shavers? A weakened Ali beat Earnie, George would send him to an early grave.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  mayweather - pacqauio is undoubtedly the biggest. bowe - lewis would have been big, but not 2.5-3 million, $75 ppv big.
                  If you adjust the numbers from then to today, I think Tyson-Foreman could have approached all time figures.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
                    Why would Foreman of all people duck Shavers? A weakened Ali beat Earnie, George would send him to an early grave.
                    Foreman didnt like punchers. He said when Gerry Cooney hit him it was so hard he couldnt feel it! He said if I could have felt it I would have quit.

I think genetic beasts never need to develop the kind of strength of mind Ali or Fraizier need, because they are so used to crushing guys with ease and making their opponents strong minds unconcious minds, that they never get the same kind of challenge and growth.

Its a shame Foreman went off to become a minister/priest or whatever after the Ali fight, I think he was scared of a potential rematch with Ali. I think Ali had thoroughly gotten to him lol

Also I personally think Earnie Shavers would have finished what Ron Lyle started.
                    Last edited by AlexKid; 09-09-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X