Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's greater, Miguel Cotto or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    I agree with this, but the question wasn't who has a better win(s) on his resume.

When I rank resumes I take everything into account. Cotto was almost embarrassed against Pacquiao. I don't see any fighter - not just in Vitali's era, but any era who would be able to do to him, what Pac did to Cotto.
    A valid point and I did ask who's greater, but resume plays a big part in that as well. Now also, Vitali's size and chin would prevent him from being bludgeoned and stopped, but I think there are HW's that win wide UD's over him, Holmes and Ali to name a couple.

Comment

Cotto has fought far better opposition, so he gets my vote.

Vitali's resume is so ****ty you could use it to fertilize your lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        I've seen people call Vitali an ATG, then call Cotto a bum. I know everyone thinks I have a biased opinion, but I think Cotto is a greater fighter and has a better resume. What say all of you?
        Wtf kind of comparison is this? Honestly, dude..Chill out on the cotto obsession...He's great but how in the hell do you compare him to a heavyweight?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
          A valid point and I did ask who's greater, but resume plays a big part in that as well. Now also, Vitali's size and chin would prevent him from being bludgeoned and stopped, but I think there are HW's that win wide UD's over him, Holmes and Ali to name a couple.
          It comes to personal assessment of resumes. I wouldn't argue with anyone who has Cotto as a greater fighter.

I fully agree that Ali would UD Vitali by some margin. I don't agree on Holmes. IMO prime Vitali TKO him or holmes gets an awful beating.
          Holmes jab wouldn't work on Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST KING View Post
            Wtf kind of comparison is this? Honestly, dude..Chill out on the cotto obsession...He's great but how in the hell do you compare him to a heavyweight?
            Now you can't compare fighters from different weight classes go back to the Lounge and the Dome little guy.

Comment

Vitali ran after he quit to Byrd.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                It comes to personal assessment of resumes. I wouldn't argue with anyone who has Cotto as a greater fighter.

I fully agree that Ali would UD Vitali by some margin. I don't agree on Holmes. IMO prime Vitali TKO him or holmes gets an awful beating.
                Holmes jab wouldn't work on Vitali.
                It is all very subjective and I know to an extent I give Cotto more credit than most Thanks for your opinion

Comment

Vitale resume is weak but it is not his fault. I don't doubt his skills but have to see them in action with an actual treat. The Lewis fight was as close as it got.

On resume Cotto but Vitale has shown dominance and blown out guys that should had been blown out

Comment

Being a cotto and VK fan I Lean towards Vitali on the basis that he has never lossed a decision or been stopped without injury. Resume wise Cottk has the better win in Mosley but VK's longevity and the fact he hasn't lost without injury I lean towards VK.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                      Being a cotto and VK fan I Lean towards Vitali on the basis that he has never lossed a decision or been stopped without injury. Resume wise Cottk has the better win in Mosley but VK's longevity and the fact he hasn't lost without injury I lean towards VK.
                      The layoff though kinda hinders the longevity comparison IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X