No announcement yet.

Mass Effect Was The Greatest Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
    I already explained above why ME2 was a horrible "sequel".

Also

Exactly. lol.
    Most of your complaints wouldn't exist if ME3 had done its job. Instead ME3 tried to be a standalone game entirely separate from the first two.

ME2 had to come up with something to bridge the gap between the beginning and end of the story. It did that. ME3 should have tied it all together. Instead it made the first two games not matter, and actually contradicted them.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Most of your complaints wouldn't exist if ME3 had done its job. Instead ME3 tried to be a standalone game entirely separate from the first two.

ME2 had to come up with something to bridge the gap between the beginning and end of the story. It did that. ME3 should have tied it all together. Instead it made the first two games not matter, and actually contradicted them.
      ME2 did that itself with ME1 though. It shouldn't have been ME3s job, it's plainly obvious that they changed lead writers between ME1 and ME2.

Drew Karpyshyn's vision was never realized and instead we went from the beautifully written ME1 to ME2 which just took a dump on everything established in ME1.

Comment

ME 1 is by far thee most original shooter to come out. ME 2 and 3 brings the series to being like every other 3rd person shooter. Part 1 had an original feel about it. The weapons seemed far more advanced. They overheated instead of ran out of bullets, (alla, thermal clips). The suites made you almost godlike towards the end of the game.

Part 1 had the making of something extravagant and once in a lifetime, 2 and 3 reverted the series back to more of the same. Part 1 had the best role playing elements. Part 2 and 3 became better than average shooters, but more of the same. Reference Gears of War.

Comment

Working...
        X