No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Chavez-Martinez, Golden Boy-Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant on Chavez-Martinez, Golden Boy-Top Rank

Sitting ringside inside of the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas on Saturday night, HBO analyst Larry Merchant had a very intimate view of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.’s 7th round stoppage of Andy Lee. Defending his WBC middleweight belt successfully for the third time, Chavez showed a relentless aggression and a wicked body attack that will likely make him a handful for anyone at 160 pounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

if they do end up on the same date, is it even a decision to which fight we should all buy? top rank put on some OK cards, but has also been the reason for alot of bad things for boxing. while i really wanna see chavez-martinez, i do not wanna give top rank any of my money. top rank is the thing we need to boycott in boxing. im going with golden boy all the way

Comment

Las Vegas will force Bob Arum to move the fight to October 6th, the only reason this was done is Bob Arum jockeying for promotional power against Golden Boy. No way will the commission allow two big fights to happen on the same night down the street from each other. Too much money to be lost and it's already stated in the article that the back-up plan is October 6th unless Arum gets pissy and moves the fight out of Las Vegas. It's all politics. I can't wait for both fights, I'm certainly going to watch both of them but I'll be pissed if they're on the same date.
      Last edited by kombayn; 06-18-2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I'll go with Golden boy....

Comment

Chavez-Martinez all the way. Either one losing is big. Ortiz losing to Canelo is imaginable and Canelo losing to Ortiz just proves he wasn't as good as he was made out to be. Chavez has size over Martinez and a good chin to take his shots. It's going to be fun to see how Martinez will be able to win that fight. If he can.

Comment

Golden boy event.... Im done with arums crap. If the fight goes the distance arum wins(chavez)

Comment

Originally posted by Albeerto View Post
              Golden boy event.... Im done with arums crap. If the fight goes the distance arum wins(chavez)
              I don't think either fighter is looking to go the distance or let it go the distance. This fight will end in a knockout.

Comment

Chavez vs Martinez for me... More Interest than canelo vs Ortiz. if Andy led was up in Texas, imagine Martinez in a neutral venue

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  Chavez vs Martinez for me... More Interest than canelo vs Ortiz. if Andy led was up in Texas, imagine Martinez in a neutral venue
                  How do you expect it to go?

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
                    How do you expect it to go?
                    IM taking Sergio to win. If he can stay off the ropes and keep that jab, i expect him to cruise to a ud.

Comment

Working...
                    X