No announcement yet.

Not sure how to go about this combination

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how to go about this combination

My stance is orthodox, the combo i'm talking about is jab, cross, left hook. My question is, am i supposed to move in as i do the left hook? I find that i need to be kinda close to the target to do it properly. Thanks.

i try to practice as many variations of the combo as possible. with a jab/cross/left hook here are some examples i might do.

jab/cross/slip left/step in left hook
    jab/cross/pull away left hook
    jab/slip right/cross/short left hook

vary the length of the shots short hooks/long hooks, vary the angles of your body when throwing them. better to have lots of left hooks than one 100 % technically perfect one.

Comment

At first you might want to try it without stepping at all. Just to get the mechanics and the weight shifts right. After that I would suggest stepping in with the jab, bring your right foot up, throw the right hand, then the hook.
      Something to be aware of...if you start looking ahead to the right hand and just pawing your jab, you'll screw up your distance. Get that jab all the way out there, turn your shoulders, and you'll be ok.

Comment

if im stepping with the jab, i like to make sure my weight is on the right, then cross(weight on left), then left hook(weight left>right) like im running out of the ring to my right corner

real quick though...remember dlh lifting tito trinidad off the floor with that

Comment

Working...
        X