Did he landed Cooper shot on Barrett?
      NO!

Did he landed Cooper shot on Valuev?
      NO!

Did he landed Cooper shot on Ruiz?
      NO!

Did he landed Cooper shot on Harrison?
      NO!

But now against as many think the best active heavyweight he WILL?
      Very small probability.
      Did Barrett go down?
      YES!

Did Ruiz go down?
      YES!

Did Harrison go down?
      YES!

Has Wlad got a wosre chin than Ruiz? Valuev?
      Very possibly.

Oh and I said 'if' not 'when'.

Comment

Originally posted by GatecrasherUA View Post
        Did he put him at sleep, or at least knock him down? The answer is NO.
        Valuev, as far as I know, has never been on the canvas. Wlad has, many times.

Comment

"If I can land a similar shot to what Henry Cooper landed on Cassius Clay against Wladimir Klitschko on July 2 then I'll be a happy man."

If.

Comment

Originally posted by GatecrasherUA View Post
            Quick, smaller guys never were a problem for Wladimir. He has decent and underestimated handspeed himself.
            Well that's what makes Wlad vs Haye exciting. You know one of them will likely be KOed. Problem with Haye is his jaw isn't the best either. So in all likelihood he will be the one to be KOed. OTOH, he is hoping to do a Corrie Sanders on Wlad. But Wlad is better now, and Haye probably doesn't have the power of Sanders in his prime.

And seeing the Valuev fight is not much use here. Valuev is a whole different species (and I mean that literally too for those in the know).

Wlad is a far better athlete, which isn't necessarily saying much. When Haye missed some wingers, likely Wlad--unlike Valuev--will counter and KO him.

As far as who I like, I usually root for the underdog, which is clearly Haye.
            But some things about him irk me as well. He admitted he bet on himself to win vs Harrison in the 3rd, and should have been sanctioned for that. After admitting it, the British Board drops the whole matter. Proving just how corrupt things in boxing are. British boxing obviously feels Haye is British boxing. Probably realize Khan may soon enough get KOed out of competition, so they better let Haye get away with blatant illegal admission.

But I will probably still root for the big underdog Haye vs Wlad--if it ever happens. But last Rd vs Valuev may not be relevant for the Wlad discussion.

Comment

IF I start training harder and stop making some stupid comment every day I can beat Wlad - David Haye

Comment

Originally posted by ARENA View Post
                Did he landed Cooper shot on Barrett?
                NO!

Did he landed Cooper shot on Valuev?
                NO!

Did he landed Cooper shot on Ruiz?
                NO!

Did he landed Cooper shot on Harrison?
                NO!

But now against as many think the best active heavyweight he WILL?
                Very small probability.
                If Haye lands the same shot on Wlad that he landed on Ruiz in round 1 then Wlad is knocked down and on queer street.

David Haye vs John Ruiz - Part 1 of 4 by rnsyw

(23 seconds in)
                Last edited by Targaryen; 05-03-2011, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quitschko View Post
                  If Haye lands the same shot on Wlad that he landed on Ruiz in round 1 then Wlad is knocked down and on queer street.
                  If anyone since 2004 would have landed shots on Klitschko he would have been knocked down and on queer street. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, and that's the reason he's in the position he's in right now, he's difficult to hit now, difficult to hurt now, and doesn't lose rounds either.

Boxing is all about not getting hurt or hit and improving your weaknesses which he has done an amazing job with. Is the potential for a KO there against him? Without a doubt. He's been legitimately knocked out three times. (Yes, TKOs are knockouts.)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                    If anyone since 2004 would have landed shots on Klitschko he would have been knocked down and on queer street. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, and that's the reason he's in the position he's in right now, he's difficult to hit now, difficult to hurt now, and doesn't lose rounds either.

Boxing is all about not getting hurt or hit and improving your weaknesses which he has done an amazing job with. Is the potential for a KO there against him? Without a doubt. He's been legitimately knocked out three times. (Yes, TKOs are knockouts.)
                    Fair enough, but what gives Haye a real chance is his decent power, speed and more importantly his mobility. He isn't a typical out of shape, podgy Klitschko opponent who move towards them in a straight line making it all so easy for Klits to break them down with the jab until they can't stand.

Haye is a very different style to what Wlad is comfortable to. Not sure if Wlad will be able to cope with Haye's circular movement and his general speed.

I guess we'll see.

Comment

If pigs could fly

IF pigs could fly they would. WHEN Wlad lands his steelhammer on Haye, he will be finished, not just in this fight, but his whole boxing career.

Comment

Working...
                      X