No announcement yet.

What's everyones beef with Chad Dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Its because he doesn't give a **** about boxing or the belts he just wants to make the $$$ so he can buy some bling bling and feed his 50 illegitimate kids and hang out with some rappers.

African Americans are naturally gifted than other races when it comes to sports but most of them dont know how to use their skills because they lack the balls / heart / respect / brains and only focus on the money aspect of it and dont care if they fight 40 year old men for the rest of their life.
    If he would care so much about bling bling, I don't think he would have started a fundraising initiative for Haiti after the Quake.

Maybe it's time for you to look at races for what they are and People for what they are.

That way you wont sound as racially insecure.

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
      You can't argue with his skills, but in the end it's not about what you CAN do, it's about what you actually DO. Chad fought without any passion, without any sense of urgency, didn't let his hands go even when he had Pascal hurt, wasn't smart enough to punch while Pascal was punching instead of covering up, etc, etc. He fought like a man who didn't care whether he won or not. If he doesn't even care about winning, why would I want him to win?
      I agree that he could have done more, when he decided to attack in the elevent round it was a thing of beauty to watch. Accurate combinations just raining on Pascal.

I think he will feel the same way when he revisits the fight. And makes the adjustments for the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Doorag View Post
        I agree that he could have done more, when he decided to attack in the elevent round it was a thing of beauty to watch. Accurate combinations just raining on Pascal.

I think he will feel the same way when he revisits the fight. And makes the adjustments for the rematch.
        "A thing of beauty" is pushing it... especially considering he let him off the hook twice, once on the ropes and once in the middle of the ring after a crushing uppercut.

You're answering your own question... people are hating on him because he had every chance to win that fight and lost it because he was lazy and unmotivated.

I can understand him lacking a sense of urgency when he was ahead on the cards in the Johnson and Tarver fights... do I like it, no, but I can understand it...

What I can't understand is why he was fighting like he was comfortably ahead against Pascal from the opening bell, letting round after round slip away by refusing to let his hands go. He wasted his time and everyone else's by not giving more than 50% in the ring.

When you see fighters with a fraction of Dawson's talent... guys who would kill to have the gifts he has... but guys who fight with 10x the heart, who leave their souls in the ring trying to win far less meaningful fights than for the Ring LHW belt... yeah, it's going to piss off more than a few boxing fans.
        Last edited by dstew; 08-18-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

If he would care so much about bling bling, I don't think he would have started a fundraising initiative for Haiti after the Quake.

Maybe it's time for you to look at races for what they are and People for what they are.

That way you wont sound as racially insecure.
          Please that's just a front celebrity's use to feel better about themselves, dude bought a $125k watch and hes not even that rich to afford it, that's like buying a lamborghini and living in a 1room house because you cant afford anything else. Your gonna deny that he doesn't wanna live the rap lifestyle? lol raising money for haiti, you do realize the big tax breaks you get and everyone does it because you get more than what you put in.

I am looking at the races and there's tons of great black boxers who are smart both inside the ring and outside and generous. Dawson is a dumb guy who's dream is to own a watch that costs more than his house and be in some rap video. He dont care about boxing and doesn't care about its history or the belts. Like I said dude cant even put a sentence together. Where do you think he would be right now if he wasn't a boxer or playing another sport? He would be the walking stereotype of another black dude with 10 kids hustling to survive while wasting all their money on bling. You want inspiration? Lennox hell even Tyson cared more about the sport and what it represented and could actually say a sentence without stuttering albeit the sentance involved some nasty words.

Comment

so noone has a beef with him then? I've must have imagined all the hate posts.
            Too much imagination can cause this !

Comment

He still one of my top 5 favorite fighters. He had an off night it happens. I am just waiting to see how he comebacks from this set back. If he is the fighter that I think he is then he will be back better than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
                They always look for a reason to hate on a black fighter even if he`s humble.They know he has the potential to be a great fighter and they hate that.they know Pascal aint **** aint never gonna accomplish much.
                This guy

Comment

Lame ass safety first shoe shine boxer that gives you no bang for the buck.

Comment

Working...
                  X