Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather has to fight elite welters, but Pac doesn't have to fight elite JWWs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    Dude how long ago was that!!!! That is the same as you guys saying Pac isn't great because he lost by KO early in his career.
    Judah and Baldomir were still the number 1 and 2 WWs.

Comment

Dude how long ago was that!!!! That is the same as you guys saying Pac isn't great because he lost by KO early in his career.
      I'm not a Floyd fan. Manny Pacquiao is great, personally I like him better than Floyd.

I just can't stand the blatant disrespect people have for Floyd as a fighter. The man retired for 2 years after fighting the best competition for years spanning 5 divisions, I can understand that.

Comment

Fact of the matter is, Pac is doing what Floyd should have been doing. Its as simple as that. Floyd has taken the road of least resistance where as Pac is ****ening 4 wheeling and mudding right now.

No matter how many threads you guys make crying about how unfair the world is to Floyd, at the end of the day, it is public opinion and the opinion of your peers that determines what your place in history will be and right now, Pacquiao is greater than Floyd. Deal with it.

Comment

He jsut jumped 20 pounds in a year and comprehensively beat the best Jr WW and WW this year... what more can he do? Fight both the Klitschkos blindfolded?

Comment

someone could make a thread asking who the best eastern based fighter is between Pac and PBF and you would still choose PBF
            I dont care about past records....past fights and all that..why talk about it now...who is the better fighter will go from the message boards to the ring........It's always the Pac Boys who NEVER talk about actual boxing talent & skill. They only want to speak on Mayweather outside the ring and blah blah...lets talk about each fighters skill and how they will strategize against each other........the time soon will arise where everything in the past is irrelevant AND NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO USE ANY EXCUSES ON WHO....Pound for Pound is the Better and more skilled fighter....the world will see in 2010

Comment

Pac just dismantled one of the top WWs after demolishing the top JWW in his pervious fight. Your argument doesn't work for the simple fact Cotto was a tougher test than any 140lber. After Saturday Mannys WW resume is better than Floyds.

Comment

Fact of the matter is, Pac is doing what Floyd should have been doing. Its as simple as that. Floyd has taken the road of least resistance where as Pac is ****ening 4 wheeling and mudding right now.

No matter how many threads you guys make crying about how unfair the world is to Floyd, at the end of the day, it is public opinion and the opinion of your peers that determines what your place in history will be and right now, Pacquiao is greater than Floyd. Deal with it.
                Would you agree that if Mayweather beats Pacquiao the victory seals his legacy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
                  Floyd beat and ruined Hatton first. The cw obviously drained Cotto, plus Cotto was shot also as evident w/ his fight w/ Clottey.

Manny is all hype and carefully selected and drained opponents.

Floyd will make him look silly.

Actually it was the cornerpost who ruined Hatton.

Comment

You have a hard time dealing with it because you constantly bring it up. It's already established that Pacquiao is the more accomplished out of the 2, No one; including myself is debating that. Mayweather doesn't have to be greater then Pacquiao to be great, understand that. Beating Pacquiao won't even establish him as greater then Pacquiao either.

Comment

Pac's last 4 fights - David Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto
                      Mayweather's last 4 fights - Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez

The difference is not that much. And when you consider David Diaz was mediocre at best and De La Hoya was weight drained, it becomes much closer.

Pacquiao is greater right now, I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is that people shouldn't just swim with the current. A lot of people just say "who has Floyd beat", "what has he really accomplished", without looking at his entire body of work.

Comment

Working...
                      X