No announcement yet.

Who will go further - Haye or Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will go further - Haye or Froch?

Which Brit prospect will achieve more in the ring?

Froch is already British and Commonwealth supermiddle champ and looking to break into bigger and better things in the states with a three fight deal with De La Hoya. He's got quick hands and power in either one. His problem looks to be fighting with a kind of style which you need better reflexes than he has to pull off - he gets a lot of criticism for his lax defence and I think a lot of it is justified - when he comes up a big puncher with some quickness he might end up in trouble

Haye has already lost but he is very insistent that he's a better fighter for it. He has heavyweight power and already has some names on his record (albeit faded ones). He's even calling out Gurov already. For me he is a massive talent - but until he comes through a tough fight when he takes a bit of punishment and comes back, there will always be a question about his ability to take a punch (having gone down against Mock - a light heavy - and getting knocked out by Thompson)

The answer is froch.

Haye in my mind has been beated twice, he was saved by ref , after fighting a guy in tiger shorts IMO

This guy was knocking him diown easily.

And the thompson loss was a disgrace.

Haye seems to like early KOS against guys like Kelly , 2 stone overweight........

Haye NEEDS rounds, but so far all he has proven is that he cannot go rounds.

Its a good job for Haye that he is in boxings absolute worst division, .....

As for Froch , I agree with pretty much what u said,

Comment

Originally posted by Cortez
      The answer is froch.

Haye in my mind has been beated twice, he was saved by ref , after fighting a guy in tiger shorts IMO

This guy was knocking him diown easily.
      Haye took a shot to his temple, **** happens. His defence was also non-existant in that fight, something that he seems to be improving upon.

The uppercut that dropped Mock was one of the best I've ever seen. To imply that he had lost that fight simply because the referee saw an opportunity to stop the fight is more of an indictment of the referee's performance, rather than Haye's.

And the thompson loss was a disgrace.
      Haye had Thompson in fits during the first round, He threw hundreds of punches trying to finish the job. The referee would have received no complaints from anyone, had the fight been stopped in the second. It was a complete mismatch until Haye gassed out. Abandoning your fight plan under such circumstances is forgivable as long as he learns from it.

Haye seems to like early KOS against guys like Kelly , 2 stone overweight.........
      Kelly may be on the other side of the hill, but he's still a good fighter to have on Haye's record, especially considering it was only his 13th fight. Add to that, Haye obliterated him, he didn't just win convincingly, he won EASILY.

Haye NEEDS rounds, but so far all he has proven is that he cannot go rounds.
      Duh.

The only fighters capable of taking Haye the distance are those at the very top of the tree, he cant get the rounds under his belt in order to prepare himself for the division's elite until he faces them, it's a catch 22 situation.

Its a good job for Haye that he is in boxings absolute worst division, ......
      Far from it. Look at my sig, all of those guys are worthy fighters, fighters any division would be proud to have (even Nelson). Maybe you got it confused with the light heavyweight division?

As for Froch , I agree with pretty much what u said,
      Froch isn't in the same league as Haye, in terms of talent. The Porras fight is going to be very interesting.

Comment

OK man,I uuuups sorry ha-ha

Comment

Working...
        X