No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward: "I Can Help Cotto Knock Pacquiao Out"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Steward: "I Can Help Cotto Knock Pacquiao Out"

Hall-of-fame trainer Emanuel Steward is hoping to hook up with WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and help the Puerto Rican star beat Manny Pacquiao on November 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. There were rumors that Cotto would hire Steward to work his corner. To date, nobody has contacted Steward from Cotto's camp. [details]
    Yes
    76.44%
    No
    23.56%
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-07-2009, 01:42 AM.

Cotto shouldn't need a new trainer to beat a JWW in a WW fight.

Comment

I don't think Steward is as good a trainer as he used to be. I think he just wants to get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
        If he gets Steward in his corner it wont hurt though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
          http://www.primerahora.com/diario/no...oqueara/321565

Ill translate a bit:

"Till now no one from Cotto's corner has approached me, but I'd love the opportunity to work with Miguel". "If we can get to an agreement, I have no doubts that Cotto will knock out Pacquiao".

"I'm one of the few persons that give Cotto big opportunities of winning this fight". I've seen a few things that can be improved and I know he can knock him out".

"Miguel is one of the few boxer's I would love to train if I get the opportunity". "I'm a great admirer of Miguel because he has never avoided fighting the best".

On the Clottey fight:

"Any other boxer would have never accepted that fight and much less continuing fighting with a wound like the one he had". "Miguel doesn't get the credit he deserves and I know a lot of people don't give him a chance against Pacquiao, but I do".

:*******:

What do you guys think?
          I'm not that sold on Steward but he is an upgrade from Santiago. IMO, he is just boosting his stock to get that job guaranteeing him a good payday. I could be wrong but I think Steward always go against Pac( Not that sure-feel free to correct).

Hope Miguel gets a trainer. You don't go in your biggest fight without a solid corner. That way, we can guarantee a FOTY material.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            dude, ure always saying the same ****.

pac is no joke n cotto better not get that "pac is a small jww" crap in his head.

Comment

Any improvement is welcome.........

I think he needs Steward in order to improve , if he keeps Joe as his trainer he will end up doing the same training over and over again..... He needs a fresh eye on his corner and maybe Steward knows something no one else knows about Pacquiao

Comment

Let me guess...the fight went just the way as Steward expected it too LOL.

Comment

Manny dissed Cotto the whole fight against Clottey. He just wants a big fat check. Screw him!

Comment

I believe Manny Steward I mean here's a guy that said Hagler-Hearns would end in a KO3 granted he predicted the wrong guy would win but still a good prediction.

Comment

Working...
                    X