No announcement yet.

Is Manny taking Margarito serious?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Manny taking Margarito serious?

Judging by 24/7 you would have to say no.

I'm guessing some people may think it could all be staged but what do you make of:
    • Manny training in the Phillipines
    • Being a congressman
    • Skipping days of training
    • Going to Las Vegas
    • Poor sparring performances (infront of the camera)
    • Lack of focus
    • Trainers unhappy
    • Clubber Lang/Rocky comparison.

I still expect Manny to win but I hope he is taking it serious because even if he does win he could still get hurt.
    Yes - 24/7 footage is staged
    41.67%
    No - 24/7 shows this
    25.00%
    Yes- 24/7 is the truth but Manny is struggling
    33.33%

Pacquiao will knock Margarito out early, is that taking Margarito serious enough? People are making too much concern about size issue, the skill level is unbelievably so far apart and the power even favors Pacquiao. Pacquiao is not just the faster man in that ring, he'll be the stronger guy aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
      Pacquiao will knock Margarito out early, is that taking Margarito serious enough? People are making too much concern about size issue, the skill level is unbelievably so far apart and the power even favors Pacquiao. Pacquiao is not just the faster man in that ring, he'll be the stronger guy aswell.
      take him out early? All your points that he doesn't take him out before the 6th

Comment

I don't know about this, but what I have compared is the second episode of Pac-Cotto 24/7 to the second episode of this and Manny started slow there but by the second episode he was putting good work in.

Its not looking the same. It appears he is being touted aropund by Bob Arum a lot. I think Arum wants an even mtch so he's undermining Pac's training regimen.

Comment

24/7 is not entirely staged, but it is only a snapshot and the producers can use those snapshots any way they want, it is a show after all.
          They are blatantly trying to make it look closer than it probably is.
          I enjoy it for what it is, but it does not change my opinion the fight. Probably not an early win for Pac, but an easy one nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
            Judging by 24/7 you would have to say no.

I'm guessing some people may think it could all be staged but what do you make of:
            • Manny training in the Phillipines
            • Being a congressman
            • Skipping days of training
            • Going to Las Vegas
            • Poor sparring performances (infront of the camera)
            • Lack of focus
            • Trainers unhappy
            • Clubber Lang/Rocky comparison.

I still expect Manny to win but I hope he is taking it serious because even if he does win he could still get hurt.
            Ofcourse he's taking him serious... Don't believe the propaganda, its for entertainment and sales and very smart on HBOs part... Manny will be ready, everybody struggles here and there in camp...

Tony on the other hand is a true live dog who has what it takes (the mentality, the heart, the deternination, the desperation...) to shock the world here and thats what makes this a great potential fight...

Manny is an uppercut to the body from being on the canvas himself...

Comment

An unfocused and unmotivated Pacquiao still destroys a ripped to hell, determined Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
                There is something about this post that rings out phoney,what is it,ohh yeah,the bold!!This is the main reason that most Manny fans support this fight,only backwards!!But the truth is if size & power weren't or aren't an issue with Pacman,Foreman wouldn't have been too big & Pacman would have fought an elite 154lb fighter,in my opinion of course!!

Comment

I think he's in for a long night, I don't think he could even wobble Margarito.

Comment

Working...
                  X