No announcement yet.

Pacquiao fought DLH in a catch weight - Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    Facts are facts, 147 is a division not a catch weight. Oscar was handicapped by it but it wasn't a catchweight.

Manny beats any version of Oscar though, styles.
    Doubt that.prime oscar beats floyd and PAC .oscar was no joke.he was a past it part time fighter vs both in their primes.both get the business.
    He was handicapped at 147, but he was the A side
    And it wasnt a catchweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by GateKEEPER88 View Post
      Doubt that.prime oscar beats floyd and PAC .oscar was no joke.he was a past it part time fighter vs both in their primes.both get the business.
      He was handicapped at 147, but he was the A side
      And it wasnt a catchweight.

Remember Sweet P??? Confounded goldy and got robbed. Imagine the same Manny against any version. Its a bad style for him.

Comment

• Oscar selected the weight to not make it seems as if he was cherrypicking a blown up SFW and cherrypick backfired.

Comment

• Pacquiao did nothing wrong in agreeing to fight DLH at WW, yes DLH was drained but he tried to cherry pick Pacquiao and it backfired horrendously, nobody should point the finger at Pacquiao for that fight. Mayweather fought a better version of DLH but it was DLH's own fault.

Comment

• MARK "TOO SHARP" JOHNSON ON MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO:

I looked at Manny Pacquiao and I see that he's done like Roy Jones and Aaron Pryor. All three of them do the same thing. They do everything wrong in boxing, but they were so fast that they get away with it. As time starts slowing down, you see what happened to Aaron Pryor, you see what happened to Roy Jones, and you see what's happening to Pacquiao. I think Floyd is going to be too big, a lot of good defense, and I just don't think Pacquiao is going to be able to deal with it.

So what I had to tell people is this. What about when Pacquiao fought Cotto? What about when Pacquiao fought De La Hoya? He looked way better than when Floyd fought those two guys? I had to break it down to them that Pacquiao fought those guys at 147, a weight class that killed Cotto to make and a weight class that Oscar De La Hoya hadn't made in 10 years. So if you don't know boxing, they pulled the wool over your eyes with a name. You think it's a good fight because of the name. Floyd fought those guys at 154 pounds, their best weight. Floyd fought Cotto and Oscar at 154, their best weight. They didn't have to lose weight, they didn't have to kill themselves. So I like Floyd in the fight by decision. I don't think it's going to be a stoppage.

Comment

• floyd fought a SFW. and cheated in the scale. end thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Oscar selected the weight to not make it seems as if he was cherrypicking a blown up SFW and cherrypick backfired.
                This...

Cherrypick gone wrong

Comment

Working...
                X