Top 5 Worst posters on Boxingscene???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't want to call rank on you, but here goes:
    don't mind.

american industry was based on slave labor for many generations. the effect of slavery on the farming industry is essentially what started the civil war (it brought about the succession of the southern states, who needed slavery to prop their economy up,) which is still to this day the war reposnisble for the greatest loss of american life. roll that around in your head for a bit. americans are in all types of wars, all over the world. the greatest loss of life came in a five year conflict int he mid 1800's. pretty damn astounding. slavery had a profound effect on america. america wouldn't be america without many generations of slave labor.

the fact remains that if you've got any black friends that they can more than likely trace their roots back to a time when their great grandparents were owned by my great grandparents. horrible stuff.

it might be just a word to you, but it's a hell of a lot more than that over here. it's a reference to a time when a black person was a piece of property. he was subject to a hellish beating, the rape of his children and wives, being sold or having his family broken apart and sold, etc. if you left the land of the person who "owned" you you'd be hung from a tree.

n#gger was the world used to talk about slaves. it describes a dichotomy of ownership. it's about as bad as you can get, man. that's what the word is intended to do when it's used here. n#gga is a bit differet. you can hear N#gga in a rap song. "n#gger" connotates ownership and hatred from whites to blacks. it's a horrible word, used only to hurt people

you might feel a bit different about it because you're a scott, and that's understandable. Scotland wasn't built on slave labor to my knowledge (to be frank, i don't know much at all about your great nation.) american industry was founded on slave labor, and would remain that way until the industrial revolution.
    I can't honestly get over the fact it's just a word, I could never see myself getting angry over words, regardless what they represent. I also feel that words like the 'n' word are never used in their correct contest in the same way no-one calls anyone a bast*rd with correct dictionary use.

If someone believes that races should be segregated, or discriminates against a race then they are racist, if people agree or sympathise with the idea of slavery of a race, then they are racist.

I feel it's more to do with the ideology or the meaning behind a word. If someone is having an angry insult match with a black person and then drops the 'n' word, he's not really referring to anything to do with slavery. It's just an insult to get a reaction.

However is someone refers to black people as the 'n' word with a true notion that they are "slaves" or "property" then they are racist.

Just my opinion, I'm open to criticsm because I've never experienced racism first hand at all except one time at a football/soccer game when a large black kid in my team got called a 'n'. He then literally picked up the two scrawny white boys responsible by the throat and had to be restrained by his father. I was about 13.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      when you're saying "nIIggers" on facebook or twitter or wherever the hell it was posted, you're a racist.

there's really no reason for you to deny it. nobody will believe you! your best bests are to either embrace it, or change your ways.

I didn't even need what he said on twitter to prove it for me.

Anyone with 4% of a brain knew Maniac was racist "before" those twitter quotes even came out.

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      i honestly believe that you are correct. i have known ignorant folks who have used racial slurs despite being married to some of the same race. how can she be racist if she`s married to somebody of the same race she`s 'denigrating'?
      ?
      It's not just him saying the N word. Don't get me wrong, that takes the cake.

But if you've listened to Maniac's posts closely, it's very obvious in the tone of his posts. Very, very obvious. It's just twitter was the first time he came out and said it.

So again, it's not just someone saying the N word. A lot more goes into being racist and Maniac has passed the test with flying colors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        don't mind.

I can't honestly get over the fact it's just a word, I could never see myself getting angry over words, regardless what they represent. I also feel that words like the 'n' word are never used in their correct contest in the same way no-one calls anyone a bast*rd with correct dictionary use.

If someone believes that races should be segregated, or discriminates against a race then they are racist, if people agree or sympathise with the idea of slavery of a race, then they are racist.

I feel it's more to do with the ideology or the meaning behind a word. If someone is having an angry insult match with a black person and then drops the 'n' word, he's not really referring to anything to do with slavery. It's just an insult to get a reaction.

However is someone refers to black people as the 'n' word with a true notion that they are "slaves" or "property" then they are racist.

Just my opinion, I'm open to criticsm because I've never experienced racism first hand at all except one time at a football/soccer game when a large black kid in my team got called a 'n'. He then literally picked up the two scrawny white boys responsible by the throat and had to be restrained by his father. I was about 13.

when a white person says the "N" to a black person in america it inherently involves the notion that black people were white property. that's the only reason it would be used. it's a word used to invoke that sort of dichotomy.

it's true that it's still just a word, and less harmful than violent actions, but it's a word intended to describe a slave / master relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          I didn't even need what he said on twitter to prove it for me.

Anyone with 4% of a brain knew Maniac was racist "before" those twitter quotes even came out.

It's not just him saying the N word. Don't get me wrong, that takes the cake.

But if you've listened to Maniac's posts closely, it's very obvious in the tone of his posts. Very, very obvious. It's just twitter was the first time he came out and said it.

So again, it's not just someone saying the N word. A lot more goes into being racist and Maniac has passed the test with flying colors.

real talk.

in the end it's just a few letters arranged in order. it's the history that it describes that is harmful. we're talking about f#ckin slavery. you've got to be a f#cking savage to try and degrade somebody by using that word.

i don't think some of the foreigners get the magnitude of race in america. there are cities in the states that are primarily black. a white guy like me would be a minority. there's a ton to be said for that. race is a huge deal. it has a profound effect on the country. being racist is a huge deal. if a poster is racist i really don't want to have anything to do with him.

Comment

• It may be different there in Scotland, but here in the states it's not just a word. I was raised in a predominantly black neighborhood in the bay area and me being an asian, they took me in as one of their own. They have played a heavy influence on my life, (how many asians do you know love black women? ) And one of the reasons most people don't like the word (and might even shoot you over just a word) is because your referring to them as a piece of property, to degrade who they are in society, that just doesn't sit right with me or them for that matter. I admit that it's a bit hypocritical to be ok with igga, but that's what they refer their friends most of the time and that's just the way it is. You may not experience a lot of racism there in Scotland, but if you were born in the states, you may feel a bit different about the word.

Comment

• Me
              Bringer
              Anorak
              Larry
              Someone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeftHookGarcia View Post
                It may be different there in Scotland, but here in the states it's not just a word. I was raised in a predominantly black neighborhood in the bay area and me being an asian, they took me in as one of their own. They have played a heavy influence on my life, (how many asians do you know love black women? ) And one of the reasons most people don't like the word (and might even shoot you over just a word) is because your referring to them as a piece of property, to degrade who they are in society, that just doesn't sit right with me or them for that matter. I admit that it's a bit hypocritical to be ok with igga, but that's what they refer their friends most of the time and that's just the way it is. You may not experience a lot of racism there in Scotland, but if you were born in the states, you may feel a bit different about the word.
                I can accept that.

Comment

• Scotland is just more racially integrated I guess, I have African British and Asian British friends and the issue of race never pops up, it just doesn't matter to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Scotland is just more racially integrated I guess, I have African British and Asian British friends and the issue of race never pops up, it just doesn't matter to us.
                    Dont let these cats fool you. Its nothing like they make it seem.

Race is only an issue at times that people like those coming at you in earlier posts choose to make it an issue. The majority of us live our lives as people surrounded by other people. Race isnt and shouldnt be as big a deal as some like to make it seem.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i don't think some of the foreigners get the magnitude of race in america. there are cities in the states that are primarily black. a white guy like me would be a minority. there's a ton to be said for that. race is a huge deal. it has a profound effect on the country. being racist is a huge deal. if a poster is racist i really don't want to have anything to do with him.
                      What about if they just took the piss a bit?

Comment

Working...
                      X