No announcement yet.

Which boxer had the best power mechanics in boxing history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which boxer had the best power mechanics in boxing history

ie the best form and technique for when it came to getting max power out of his body

Tyson...the rotations that went into his uppercuts and hooks, oh boy!

Frazier can probably get a shout, Robinson too (ppl forget he was a hard hitter) and Hearns, in terms of his he used his height perfectly to get that leverage. I'm not sure if he would have had that same power at 147 if he wasn't so tall.

But I also gotta mention Naz, the guy didn't have the best punch technique but damn, when he napped in a power shot, no one saw it coming and it was good night for a long time. All of this from a 5'4'' frame, where even the other guys at feather were mostly taller than him.

Comment

The answer to all questions could be Sugar RayRobinson.

Comment

I'm going to have to go with Joe Louis. For some reason every time I think of him, I think of his perfect technique. AFTER Max Schmeling of course.

Comment

From what I've seen, Joe Louis.

Comment

I will go with tyson... But louis is also a solid choice..

Modern day I would say tito, ggg, Kovolev really know how to setup power shots with great technical precision

Comment

Different guys have different dynamics.

Pure technique: Louis is a great choice, Robinson another... Mayweather another.

Then you had guys who wanted to exceed the limits of form and use the momentum of the body more directly, ...and in that department one would find guys like liston, Dempsey, perhaps tyson as well.

Then you had whipsnap punchers who used the punch like a whip guys like Hearns, Foster.

Comment

I am going with pipno cuevas

Comment

Arguello is up there.

Comment

Alexis arguello, suberb balance, torque and follow through.

Joe Louis, great technique, kept his shots close to his body for a lot of torque.

Duran, wide build, wide stance, great follow through and velocity. Punched with his knuckles and planted his feet.

Ray Leonard, his left hook. Vicious. not a heavy handed fighter or exceptionally strong, but vicious left hook.

George Foreman, planted his feet and followed through. Later became an arm puncher as he was too heavy handed to throw fast enough punches in his later years.

Joe frazier. Great body mechanics.

Julio cesar Chavez - great balance

for more recent fighters - Marquez, Lucas matthysse and golovkin

Comment

Working...
                    X