No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz showing speed and power for 12/13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    You know how much heart it takes to step into the ring?

Even sparring is hard but to actually step into the ring to fight monsters such as Marcos Maidana and co and then to have nerds on the internet claim you have no heart?

Just try and imagine it, no headgear, no sparring ''we'll take it easy'' crap, no 3 or 4 rounds, no 16oz gloves, your standing face to face with a prime Marcos Maidana the tattooed fearsome looking motherfucker who's looking to take your fucking head off, literally trying to knock you the fuck out, how much heart does it take to even fight him, let alone go to war with him like he did for 4 or 5 rounds or whatever it was?

Must be ridiculous to experience that from Ortiz's point of view IMO.

Just saying. Yeah he might not have the extraordinary heart some other fighters do, but he's showed a whole lot of heart.
    Great write up. he is "mentally" weak and does not hold the warrior / fighter mentality some of the greats hold, not lack of heart, because you have to have balls and heart to face fighters who want to take your head off.

Even when fighting no bodies, you need heart, because they want a great win with a great name on the record.
    Last edited by KidDinamita; 12-02-2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

wtf im not gonna watch his fights. He'll just quit again.

Comment

Hopefully the heavy bag does not comeback to fast and hit him on the chin...He will quit in training

Comment

I've given up all hope in Victor. He has all the physical gifts in the world and has no heart. I can't ever see him being more than a fringe contender, unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
            I think once ortiz gets some heart his chin will hold up. His spirit will always break before his chin
            Didn't get to see if he had heart in the Collazo. It was his chin that broke first... Happened against Lopez too. Sadly for Ortiz who has all the physical gifts but lacks great amount of heart but also shows a glass chin.

Comment

I don't want to hate on Ortiz or claim that a professional prizefighter has no heart from behind my computer screen, but I am sure you know what I mean.

It does not matter how much speed or power he is showing lately, if he mentally wobbles then the same old story will repeat itself for him. Again, do not think I am judging a fighters heart from behind the safety of my keyboard, but it must be said that Ortiz does waver when times get hard, that is just a well known factor about his game, and speed or power doesn't help that.

You could be the hardest puncher in the history of all mankind but if you crumble when it doesn't go your way it will count for a lot less.

Best of luck to him though...

Comment

Its not his brain that is the problem, its his technique.

He has no boxing technique, he just fights like a brawler, but moves and acts like a boxer in the ring. If you're going to brawl, don't take the metal off the pedal, and be prepared for war.

Comment

I think Ortiz is one of the most wasted talents in modern day boxing. He has all the physical traits but mentally very weak. if he had the heart, he'd be on the top of the 147lbs along with the biggest stars of them.

Comment

Manuel perez is going to test victor. In that ring....boxing fans have a treat next saturday night!! Warrrtizzzzzz!

Comment

They should make Ortiz vs Judah

Comment

Working...
                      X