No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Karim Mayfield Powers Past Herrera To Win Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
    Boring fight, hate to say it but the ref needed to get more involved, more than half of all rounds was boring with Mayfield just laying on Herrera or holding.They Need to put Herrera with someone who wants to fight.
    Laziest ref I've ever watched.

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
    I wasnt impressed with Mayfield. He faded bad down the stretch. Roy kept calling him a smaller tyson but all i saw was a guy throwing wild shots, missing a lot, smothering his own punches while trying to wrestle with the other guy yet he is the one gassing.

Don't get me wrong for a 31 year old... he did good... but as a fighter as a whole I don't see him doing much more especially against some fighters with real pop and a more compact style and endurance.
    ^^^ Same thing I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      Yea. He reminds me of Mosley the way he throws those right hand bombs, but as you both described he's nowhere near his Mosley's level.

Boring fight, too much holding, two judges gave too generous of a score. But Herrera did not win that fight, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some crying over the next few weeks.

I don't see much reason to excited about Mayfield.
      Maybe past prime Mosley..He looks nothing like Mosley in his prime...

Comment

Mayfield nipping at the toes of the Bay Area champs. Got some good talent in this part of the world....Nonaire, Guerrero, Ward

Comment

Thats why I never pay attention to the compubox numbers.. They had Herrera landindg more punches on every level, but the judges has Mayfield winning.. go figure

Comment

I thought it was a good fight even though Mayfield was a little sloppy with his punches.

Comment

it wuz a decent fight. i thought it wuz funny how mayfield sed he wins by collision. he couldnt knock herrera out tho. he did hit em hard but the dude held his mud. too bad herrera wuznt a little stronger otherwise the tale might have been different cuz he landed sum good counters of his own. better luck next time. mayfield should fight alvarado or rios next.

Comment

I don't want to see these guys back on HBO any time soon.

Comment

lets just say I am in no hurry to see mayfield again. Seemed more like a espn fighter to me, he has no real skill does nothing great and nothing really fundamentally sound. Yes he keep winning but let be honest he hasnt faced anyone that can give him a fight yet.

I see him getting stopped in his first 12 rounder against any top 140, heck rios will stop this guy with in 10

Comment

Working...
                  X