No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs tested positive for banned substance, fight declared a NC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Briggs tested positive for banned substance, fight declared a NC

Shannon Briggs recent fight with Marcus McGee was originally considered to be a first round KO win for Shannon, but tests taken after the fight revealed Shannon had been taking an illegal substance.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4629&cat=boxer

The fight has now been declared a no contest.

What a big surprise here.

Comment

Dude was 273 pounds and muscular as hell against Ibragimov. I always wondered..

Comment

is he a reggae artist?

Comment

nooooooooo Briggsey!

Comment

I always wanted to see a David Tua vs. Shannon Briggs fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Dude was 273 pounds and muscular as hell against Ibragimov. I always wondered..
              Yes. I noticed he had the unnatural, over-developed muscles that result from steroid use.

Comment

Briggs was done anyway. After Lewis, he mostly fought "barnyard" fights and lost to just about anyone who was known/and/or had a pulse.

In his prime he got whooped by a 49 year old semi-retired Foreman.

You want to talk robbery, Foreman was robbed.

Comment

Briggs did win like 11 or 12 fights in a row before losing a UD to Ibrabimov(sp?), when a HW does that in their mid 30's it is a bit rare even if they c class tomato cans.

I think there are many fighters in their 30's taking PED's who havent been caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Briggs was done anyway. After Lewis, he mostly fought "barnyard" fights and lost to just about anyone who was known/and/or had a pulse.

In his prime he got whooped by a 49 year old semi-retired Foreman.

You want to talk robbery, Foreman was robbed.
                    That was one of the first fights I ever watched, back in Dec 97. I didn't know much about boxing back then, but I remember being puzzled about why they gave the decision to Briggs.

Comment

Working...
                    X