Collapse
No announcement yet.

With a win against Clottey, Pacquiao overtakes SRR in the ATG list

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRR beat 10 fighters who went to the Boxing Hall of Fame and it includes Henry Armstrong who is regarded as top 5 in the P4P list. I did a thread in boxing history and we came up with over a dozen fighters that beat alteast 7 fighters who went to the hall of fame. I have pac in my top 25 p4p list. In the old days, there were only 8 divisions and one true champ in each division.

Comment

Man you deserve to be raped by 40 gay gang members and to swallow their cums for 10 hours in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
        Man you deserve to be raped by 40 gay gang members and to swallow their cums for 10 hours in a row.
        Is that to the TS?

Comment

Originally posted by FatBastard View Post
          Looking forward to PAC-CLOTTEY actions-packed bout this MArch. Gonna be another breakthrough for PAC

dude, just stop posting

Comment

i wish people would understand that what made robinson great isnt just what he did in his prime, but what he did when he left it. right now, a true testament to all of the top ATG fighters is what they did when they left their prime.

5 years from now, when pac loses that speed, loses some of that punch resistence, itll be up to his ring intelligence. Pac doing all this while he has all his natural gifts is great, but its when he leaves is what will dictate everything. right now, hes not even close.

Comment

manny shouldnt move up the ATG list by much if he beats clottey since cotto beat clottey and clottey is made for manny tbh, manny would still be in the 15-30 area for me in the ATG list

Comment

Although I don't think it's possible for Pacquiao to overtake SRR in the ATG, because the general level of competition isnt as high now, I do think there's a nostalgia factor associated with the old legends of boxing which makes it even more difficult for people to accept that modern boxers could be just as good. I think Pacquiao is a lot closer to the top of the list than people are willing to accept.

I do agree that older fighters fought in much tougher conditions, but for a boxer like Pacquiao, 6oz gloves, an extra 3 rounds, and over 12 fights a year, that only equals a lot more opponents hitting the canvas.

At the end of the day it's far too difficult to compare, your talking about 2 completely different eras, but if he can beat Clottey and another really top fighter in convincing fashion, then I think placing him in the top10 ATG list is perfectly acceptable. I know a few older guys who've watched boxing for a long time and know their stuff, and they will be the first to tell you that Pacquiao's name should be right up there.

Comment

Everytime I see this thread on the top page of NSB I get a headache trying to figure out how ******ed someone would have to be to post it.

Comment

LOL.

No.

Comment

Originally posted by FatBastard View Post
                      Looking forward to PAC-CLOTTEY actions-packed bout this MArch. Gonna be another breakthrough for PAC
                      I hear it quite often that Pac is alongside SRR. Some think Pac is better and vice versa.
                      People seem to think boxers were better back then. But one must remember for every boxer that had 100's of fights and wins. There were journeymen who had 100 losses on their resumes, just to feed their families.

Comment

Working...
                      X