Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salido is clearly the A-side over Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the **** cares? SMH at boxing fans worrying about the business of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
      I know who the A side is and it's definitely not the guy who made 50K in his last fight.
      It's the guy who lost the first fight and couldn't even sell out the small hall?

Comment

So why do these floydhype fanboys suddenly hating on a boxing technician all of a sudden and loving a come-forward fighter? I know why. Can you guess why?

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          These guys aren't big enough to actually debate A side and B side.
          Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
          Yeah that's how I feel about it
          **** 90% of the stuff we talk about on NSB isn't big enough to talk about realllllyyy. But thats why I enjoy this place cuz you can bring up lil ass side topics that no one cares about in 99.9999% of the world.

Mainly for this topic I just don't see how its relevant to anything important regarding making the fight or should have any impact on the fight at any stage. Give Salido double what he made last night guaranteed + the Mexican rights or whatever he got last night & he should be cool with the fight. Give Loma what he's been making & he should be cool with it. I'm not sure where A-side/B-side comes into play with more or less those types of deals being offered.

Comment

just because your promoter pays you a lot of money doesn't mean you generate a lot of money. example: andre ward. ward can't draw very well but he still thinks he's entitled to 50-50 against much bigger draws. why should his opponent agree to a bad deal just because ward's promoter is a dumbass?

Comment

Didn't Salido make 50K for his last fight? Lomachenko will probably get a million for the rematch, that should tell you who the a side is.

Comment

Do you know what sellout means?

Comment

Who the **** cares? SMH at boxing fans worrying about the business of fighting.
                  I agree, fans shouldn't cheer for fight contracts and promoters like they would a boxing match. That being said, I think it's important for fans to have a general understanding of the business side too. It would prevent the majority of the BS claims of fighter A ducking fighter B...

Didn't Salido make 50K for his last fight? Lomachenko will probably get a million for the rematch, that should tell you who the a side is.
                  I think Salido has a slight advantage in this situation. Maybe not in terms of money or marketability but he holds Loma's shot at redemption in his hand. Salido will want a **** ton more than 50k and probably even more than what Walters was offered.

Loma might have to take a slight pay cut to get a shot at redeeming his loss....

Comment

Loma just slaughtered a guy who beat Salido. Salido is a game exciting fighter but he isn't the A side over Loma. Loma will probably beat Salido in the rematch and he will get paid more money than Salido in their rematch. Loma is the A side and the future star, not 35 year old Salido. I like Salido but your wrong making him the more important fighter of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
                      $50K?? Man that's pathetic. And people are cheering Mikey for leaving Arum and now advising him to sign up with GBP. It's a huge hundreds of dollars difference! Matthysse got $500K for fighting Postol, while Crawford got $1.2 mil for fighting Lundy.

Comment

Working...
                      X