No announcement yet.

Good books on Sugar Ray Robinson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good books on Sugar Ray Robinson?

I got my last final exam tomorrow and since Winter break is starting after that I'm thinking of picking up a book at the library. I was there the other day studying and saw a book called Sweet Thunder, The Life and Times of Sugar Ray Robinson.

Probably going to check that out, anyone read any other good books on the man?

Read a few but I don't think there was been a definitive one yet.

I feel Robinson is worthy of an effort much like Peter Guralnick's on Elvis Presley.

Comment

I have read Pound for Pound by Herb Boyd and Ray Robinson jr and this book has a lot of input from Edna May Robinson memoirs and covers all facets of his life including a dark side of spousal abuse.

I also have one by Sugar himself and Dave Anderson which I have not reread in awhile.

Comment

Pound for Pound is a really good read. Be prepared though that majority of the book is focused on his life vs his in-ring achievements. It heavily centers on his relationship with his wife which was very tumultuous. Still really good though. Think I read the whole thing in about two days when i had a long layover at an airport and 4hr flight.

Comment

Working...
        X