No announcement yet.

Any rib or pec injuries in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rib or pec injuries in sparring

I got 1 last week .Nurse said last night she think's it's just a bruised pec .1 week off but i've got a bad feeling it'll be longer and it's something to do with my ribs .Wondering if it could be s--t gloves i've been hit with It feels akward .Painfull when i'm sleeping .
    Last edited by alza1988; 04-13-2011, 07:21 AM.

you didn't sign up for golf man, it's just part of the game. Build a stronger core and your ribs will be less likely to get hurt.

The only way that I ever hurt a pec was when throwing a punch and catching a rope, tore it up pretty good. I don't know how else you could hurt that muscle unless your muscular and didn't stretch.......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      you didn't sign up for golf man, it's just part of the game. Build a stronger core and your ribs will be less likely to get hurt.

The only way that I ever hurt a pec was when throwing a punch and catching a rope, tore it up pretty good. I don't know how else you could hurt that muscle unless your muscular and didn't stretch.......Rockin'
      No dramas man hopefully your right .I want back to training asap .Any advice on getting it to heal quicker .Were u out when u tore your pec and how long ?

Comment

Try to sleep on your back if you can. Keeps your weight off it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Chaw View Post
          Try to sleep on your back if you can. Keeps your weight off it.
          Thank's for advice man .This is going to be a b----d .

Comment

Advil Baby! It's the true Breakfast/nightcap of champions..Check you opponents gloves..the padding cap break down pretty fast..And Wraps, people sometimes throw some sort of unfair Knuckle protection in..

Comment

Originally posted by Crushedknee View Post
              Advil Baby! It's the true Breakfast/nightcap of champions..Check you opponents gloves..the padding cap break down pretty fast..And Wraps, people sometimes throw some sort of unfair Knuckle protection in..
              That's what I think's happened man , gloves .Thanks for advice .
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advil

Comment

When it gets better I think i'll get one of these .
                http://www.ringside.com/Ringside-Spa...oductinfo/RBP/
                Last edited by alza1988; 04-15-2011, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Is it sore to run?

When I did something nasty to my rib took 4 weeks to recover, probably because I trained on it though.

Running was a struggle lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Is it sore to run?

When I did something nasty to my rib took 4 weeks to recover, probably because I trained on it though.

Running was a struggle lol.
                    That's about all I can do mate is run .No i'm surprised .I'm just after a 6 mile run there mate and it's feeling alright .I can't do any conditioning drills though or go to boxing . Burpees , bagwork , any intense bodyweight training .The nurse said 1 week and think's it's a bruised pec but i've been a bit worried incase it's a rib cartlige they can take months .After that though mate i'm hoping for a few days but don't know .I don't think it was the pec it felt more like something behind it rib or cartlige but here's hoping .
                    Last edited by alza1988; 04-15-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X