No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I'm Getting Better, I'll Be Sharper With Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    That's probably pretty accurate. The last few for both Floyd and Pac have been like $59.95 SD and $69.95 for HD, so that's probably a good assessment.

If Cotto started working the jab and then a right hook to the body while moving to his right, he would find some success. Also, only having one game plan is a straight route to failure against Floyd. Think about this, it takes Floyd 2-3 rounds to figure the opponent out so if you have 6 different plans, you should have a fair shot at being competitive.

Additionally, If Cotto switches southpaw and moves to his backside working the jab, straight left, and right hook to the body, he'll catch Floyd more often than not as Floyd is shoulder rolling the straight left his left oblique will be exposed for Cotto's right hook.

I think if someone fought Floyd while having plan, after plan, after plan and switched things up every other round, Floyd would resort to serious cheating out of frustration. Rabbit punches, head butts, elbows, tripping...whatever it took to not lose, even if he weren't down too far on the cards, just due to the sheer frustration of not having figured the guy out.

Might get Floyd to DQ himself rather than lose straight up.
    Over-exaggerate much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxn View Post
      same shiet.

lets rephrase since you wanna act like a girl.

You think Floyd is favored against Direll and Bute at 168? Hell even Pascal? Dawson?

Is this real life?
      Don't you know Floyd is going on the Overeem stack on his next vacation.

Comment

• Whenever Mayweather says he's getting better with age, he means he's getting better because his opponent's boxing age has gotten significantly worse since the time when they should have met in the ring. It was proven before. It will be proven again on May 5th.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          I guess he is injecting that good stuff, Im curious as to what it is too, cause Im about to get on that shiz myself. But cant you just tell me please?? PM me or something I know you know and I must have it. No one knows floyds dirty little secrets like you do you silly boy you!!

Comment

• The correct phraseology is Floyd's boxing brain is getting better. His physicality? Nah he still quick but not as quick as he was 10 years ago. Still its mind over matter in this case. Up till he retires for good lil Floyd will be a problem for anyone 147 to 160

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              If you say there are questions so be it. Like I said i get that you dont like floyd, just be realistic about his career.
              Mr. Dunn, I am perturbed that the build up of JR has gone a bit too far. I am guilty of grading todays fighters with those that I HAVE watched personally not once but many times:

Benitez,,,he might sharpen up ol JR,,,when he trained and was in shape

Leonard: I think he would have KO'd JR

Hearns : Murder

HAGLER, there is one fighter you and I liked. I can see a pure beat down with Hagler in the days of his prime and KO

I like you have watched these guys from their early days , aren't we blowing up these guys too much today?

I Have a hard time thinking Pac could stay with Hearns at 147, or Leonard or Hagler. I have had a hard time thinking anyone could,,,,they all took on ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL COMERS.

I struggle with who has JR really fought that makes him so great in the WW division.

Even though poor Cotto has had the mess stomped out of him twice this should be a decent fight for 6 rounds unless the Cuban trainer has Cotto in the greatest of shape.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                welterweight fight? i would have to go with shane mosley. what manny related thing are you planning on comparing this to?
                Now mang , just think about it. the best Jr has face is an OLD worn out Mosley that had Jr doing the chicken dance ????

All he did was a boring same ole same thing every round after and that was just to nulify the old man that had rigourmortis sp ???

What are you trying to sell in your debates for JR ????????

The man has bounced around and never been tested at WW !!!!

You can't brag about anything when beating a smaller guy or guys smaller than that or OLD MEN

HE has sold yall a bill of goods and you have spent your last dime on him,,,good for you,, I can't see it.

Everyone has been whupped out there but these up and comers plus Pac and Martinez at 154.

YOU have every right to back yore mang but I won't be fooled by JR like you are,,,he has to prove himself in the ring to get any praise from me.

I was watching live when Merchant interviewed JR and asked if he would fight Cotto, JR bristled and said he was going on vacation or retiring, he made sure he would NOT fight Cotto in his prime,,,he waited till everyone beat their brains out then he comes to the top,,,,,BULLS### !!!!

buy it all you want but if Mosley is the best then IMO its all BULLS###!

Comment

• All of you ****s drinking the same hyped filled Koolaid about Lil Floyd Mayweather. All of the sudden Lil Floyd is some type of beast as if he was freaking Mike Tyson or something. All of you followers are buying into his hype. Everyone the Mayweather fought was either going down hill and way smaller opposition. Im gonna break it down for all of you bunch of followers.

This is Mayweather's so called best boxing record in the history of boxing. Fighting a bum with no skills in Gatti, Fighting an old slow limited boxer in Baldomir, fighting a down hill 35 year old Delahoya that was in a war with Trinidad, got beat by Mosley twice and got KO'd by Hopkins. Fighting a small overrated unskilled Ricky Hatton. Fighting a small Juan Manuel Marquez and if my memory is not mistaken, Mayweather was two pounds over the weight limit and had to pay Marquez $600k penalty cause of the weight advantage. Then he fought an old 38 year old Mosley that had already been beaten by Cotto. Let's not forget the infamous KO of silly unexperienced kid in Victor Ortiz via sucka punch. WOW!!!!!!!

The only fights I legitimately give Floyd Mayweather credit for is his masterful beat down of Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo and Zab Judah. After those fights, he had the leverage to pick and choose his opponents and fight them when they were either going down hill or too small in size. The rest of his fights were a bunch of snoozz fest.

We can all agree that all of Cotto's opponents were in their prime. He brutally KO'd an undefeated Kelson Pinto, KO'd undefeated Ricardo Torres, gave a brutal beat down to undefeated Paulie Malignaggi, brutally KO'd Carlos Quintana who later when on to give Paul Williams his first defeat, brutally KO'd Alfonso Gomez without breaking a sweat, out boxed the boxer in Mosley who back then was only 34 years old and only losses were to Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright.

Cotto's only two losses were to Margacheato with loaded gloves whose fought like dirt since they found the plaster and to catchweight king Pacquiao who lured Cotto into making his biggest multi million dollar purse by making him starve down to 145lbs (Cotto pretty much trained himself for that fight cause his trainer just to be his spit bucket caddy).

I have the utmost respect to Cotto cause he got balls. He never backed down from a fight, fought his opponents in their prime and took everything like a MAN. So all of you can continue to follow the heard like a bunch cattle and sheep. My boy Cotto is gonna give a much better fight than all of you ****s think.....

Comment

• i'm gonna feel bad for cotto's wife to watch this ass whooping ringside..

Comment

• Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                      Whenever Mayweather says he's getting better with age, he means he's getting better because his opponent's boxing age has gotten significantly worse since the time when they should have met in the ring. It was proven before. It will be proven again on May 5th.
                      Was Ortiz old??

Look lil sorry as.s dwarf...

Cotto just admitted Floyd was NEVER in his plans and that Arum NOT ONCE mentioned a Mayweather fight to him..

Comment

Working...
                      X