Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to see floyd's stans have to say about this, they avoid it like the plague

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OralLepercy View Post
    LMFAO, your probably right. In hindsight if i knew what i know now then i wouldn't be jumping up and down for that fight. margo was fighting mexican cab drivers. dude fought on espn at the time ( didn't he **** that one dude ear up).
    But you see how everyboy who hates Floyd/loves Manny are jumping mad about that fite not being made back then.
    It only shows how deeply they're hurting, Floyd is killin these boys from the inside out.
    And the sickest part of them prays/wishes and dreams of the day he loses. Don't matter how, it don't matter who (They'd love it to be Manny tho).
    But they even travel thru time to dig up a fight that didn't happen (For obvious reasons) and argue the DUCK, lol...
    This AFTER the Cotto plastering it's Funny how the same people who question/believe Margs was loaded against Cotto, would have wanted to see Floyd in there with a POSSABLY LOADED Margs?
    Loaded and all, I'm sure they would have praised Margs for the win if he'd won.
    Shyt they wanna send a UNTESTED Manny in there, so what do you expect from these people.

Comment

5:12 - 8:08

People forget all the hype that was placed around Baldomir via HBO commentators and journalists. Baldomir walked around between 185-190lbs as stated in the video. Had Floyd beat Margarito the same way he beat Baldomr, Floyd would've been discredited the same way he beat Baldomir.
      Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

prrty good video

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          But, he could have fought him before his disputes with Arum. So that excuse doesn't fly.
          When exactly should he have fought him while with Arum?

Mayweather put a buy out clause in his contract in 2005. Left Arum in 2006 the same year he moved up to fight for the welterweight belts. Sued Arum in 2008 for unpaid purses in 2005 and 2006. So yes, the excuse does fly.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

This is the guy Floyd was suppose to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              If it's all about the Benjamins and screw establishing yourself as the best then I'm going to have an issue with it regardless of who it is. If you aren't in it to be the best, if you're in it for taking the path of least resistance to the lucre then to my mind you need to find a new line of work.

Poet
              You're embarrassingly naive. It's called "prize-fighting" for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Maybe because your post and point was silly.

Your post is more for the noobs then for the ones who actually followed the sport back then.
                Naw, my post cut too deep is all. And what is a noob? If it's a guy who's followed the sport for years (Over 25 yrs to be clear) then ok.
                But you puppets aint gonna sell me a polished turd, I know exactly what's going on.
                Questions....
                Do you think Marg could have loaded up back then? AND
                If yes,
                Why would you have even wanted Floyd to accept it/Argue if he accepted it or not?
                Floyd fought for the belts Zab was supposed to bring back, Zab/Floyd was already in play before Zab lost.
                Floyd was on a belt chase back then, Baldi had the belt Marg didn't.. period..

Comment

Floyd ducked Margarito just like Manny ducked Mosley back in 2009 and just like Bradley ducked Khan recently.

There was too much risk, and more money to be made else where. Simple as that.

A "smart business move" is usually known as a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    If it's all about the Benjamins and screw establishing yourself as the best then I'm going to have an issue with it regardless of who it is. If you aren't in it to be the best, if you're in it for taking the path of least resistance to the lucre then to my mind you need to find a new line of work.

Poet
                    Floyd was already establishing himself though...Floyd was already a HOF'er before even getting in the ring with Oscar.

SRR was all about the benjamins...was he not? Tell me he wasn't.

How many times did he threatened at the last minute that he wasn't going to fight so and so because he wasn't getting the benjamins that he wanted? It's about the benjamins so lets not get carried away.

Now don't turn this around as me comparing Floyd to SRR. Because, I'm not. Floyd is nowhere near the level of greatness or was established as SRR was.

However, my point is that it's about the benjamins with every fighter.

You acting like Floyd wasn't establish as one of the best boxers. Which is ridiculous cuz' he was.

He was already considered one of the greatest SFW of all time. Now you might dismiss that because it wasn't an original 8 weight-classes. But, whether you like it or not. It's one of the few jr/super weight-classes that has a rich history. It has over 70 years of history. Great fighters from Canzoneri, Duran, Arguello, Elorde, and plenty more...Yet Floyd stands amongst one of the best to ever fight there. I only Arguello higher than him in that weight-class. Then he won 2 lineal titles in 2 of the original 8 weight-classes. So he was established. You can't say he wasn't.

So it's unfair to criticize him for a move that 99% of fighters in the history of the sport would have made. You have to be a complete dumbass to turn down Oscar man.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      When exactly should he have fought him while with Arum?

Mayweather put a buy out clause in his contract in 2005. Left Arum in 2006 the same year he moved up to fight for the welterweight belts. Sued Arum in 2008 for unpaid purses in 2005 and 2006. So yes, the excuse does fly.
                      He could have fought Marg instead of Judah...He fought Judah under Arum.

He could have fought Marg in August of that same year.

He could have gotten an extension to his buyout claws and fought him in November.

He could have fought Marg had plenty of opportunities and decline.

So no that excuse doesn't fly.

Comment

Working...
                      X