No announcement yet.

Pilates Workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilates Workout?

I'm interested in learning more about this type of exercise, does anyone have more info on it? I'v looked briefly at some books, and it's markedly different from most other bodyweight workouts in that it doesn't rely on endless repetition.

I'm not really sure what it's about, and what it's benefits are, I dont think I'd ever do it, but I'm just interested in finding out more about it.

Cheers, M.

I prefer underwater Tai Chi.

Comment

hey cool

Comment

Pilates is extremely good for your core...your abs that you don't necessarily see. These are instrumental in supporting your spine and giving you solid posture.

From an MMA stand point, they are very useful as they will help with your flexibility, strength and endurance whilst on the mat

Comment

I agree sledom, I actually started doing some pilates **** and some of it is pretty challenging stuff, and yes, it does emphacise a lot of "core" muscles.

Comment

I watch a lot of hard"core" ****, will these improve my fitness?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDothSucketh
              I watch a lot of hard"core" ****, will these improve my fitness?
              Only if you get your heart rate up and break sweat whilst beating your meat.

Although technically yes even if you don't.

Studies have shown that even by men simply checking out other women, this has a proven effect on increasing heart rate and also elevating testosterone levels. This means is healthy to perve.

- The Jake

Comment

I love supersetting "pirates" with ab-roller burn sessions.

Comment

Working...
                X