Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin admits he wants NO PART of Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When fighters are in the same division, ducking is possible.

In this case they are in different divisions, one of them is looking to unify his division while the other is not even available to fight due to legal battles...people calling duck are just playing the role of fanboy, 'hater' or general idiot.

Comment

Different weight classes, now make another troll thread.

Comment

This is getting stupid.

Not same division

Maybe GGG doesn't want to fight Ward

But Ward doesn't want to figh, at all. Ward is ducking boxing.

Comment

This was brought up already, its the interview where GGG meant to say "right now he is focussed on Geale" and with his bad english it sounds like, he doesnt want no part of Ward. Even though there are dozens of interviews where he says he will fight Ward when the fight makes sense.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
            Informative video. Does that make him a ducking coward like other fighters who are quick to be called that?
            GGG has not cleaned out his division yet, he doesn't necessarily need to move up to 168 to fight a guy nobody gives a **** about except african americans, no offense

Ward should be moving up since he's already cleaned out his division, but yet he would rather sue his promoter which keeps him on the shelf for at least another year

Comment

Ward would decimate GGG. This will not happen.

Comment

GGG has not cleaned out his division yet, he doesn't necessarily need to move up to 168 to fight a guy nobody gives a **** about except african americans, no offense

Ward should be moving up since he's already cleaned out his division, but yet he would rather sue his promoter which keeps him on the shelf for at least another year
                I take your not a fan of Ward? BTW, although I'm a fan of GGG and his popularity is growing, most casual fans still don't know who the **** he is either.

Comment

I don't get why everyone gets so heated about this kind of thing? There's nothing to argue about, it's simple:

.Ward called out Golovkin because that fight makes him the most moneyand he believes he can beat him.

.Golovkin and his team want no part in that.

Does that necessarily imply Golovkin is "ducking" Ward? No. Golovkin fights at 160 and Ward fights at 168. If they were in the same weight class, it would be a duck but they're not.

fyi's:
                  . I'm not a huge fan of either, but I'm a bigger fan of Ward than GGG.
                  . I think Ward beats Golovkin

Comment

What happened to anbody from 154-168

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      Well yeah, I agree. It's just this charade that Ward doesn't bring any money and that's why Golovkin doesn't need to fight him is what's bothering me. Most people refuse the acknowledge the risk part in order to keep the fearless Golovkin facade in tact. And because I'm an annoying contrarian, I must present the other side of the argument.
                      The problem is your assumption that those on the other side of the argument must be stupider than you.

We, who defend GGG's "duck", understand the risk part very well. We KNOW GGG would be a sizeable underdog against Ward. And we are not saying Ward wouldn't likely be a career high payday for him. What we are saying is that the REWARD wouldn't be worth the RISK. Ward is not Floyd. Getting in the ring with him is not a career goal for fighters. GGG wouldn't be set for life with the money he would get for a Ward fight, and a loss would compromise his earning potential. We are not being deceived by anyone here.

Some other points:

1) This is probably the first time I have heard of a fighter ducking someone who is in a different weight class.

2) To those who say Ward is the A-side: if you are the one calling for the fight, you are not the A-side. Ever heard of an A-side begging the B-side to fight him?

3) To those who keep pointing out that Ward made more in his last fight than GGG did: yes, HBO overpaid him for the Rodriguez fight. BIG DEAL. It was a mistake they are unlikely to make again anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X