No announcement yet.

Boxrec rank Provodnikov 12th @147 - 6 places ahead of Malignaggi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    He has more points according to their system. I don't understand it but if you get into that type of **** they have a page that gives a full detailed explanation of their points system.

I believe knockouts are a part of their scoring so Paulie's low KO ratio hurts his points rating.
    then Bradley should be just right above him!

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Does boxrec add extra points for belts? If it doesn't, Pauli has been fighting crappy opposition when he isn't losing to good opposition so Paulie being ranked low isn't surprising.
      I just remembered, this was listed as a 3 star fight on boxrec. By comparison, Fuchigami Shibata for OPBF MW belt is 4 lol. So safe to say Ruslan was not ranked high, to drag Bradley down to 3 star level

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        then Bradley should be just right above him!
        Except that he's officially undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          He has more points according to their system. I don't understand it but if you get into that type of **** they have a page that gives a full detailed explanation of their points system.

I believe knockouts are a part of their scoring so Paulie's low KO ratio hurts his points rating.
          If that's the case I can definitely believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
            dunno how ortiz is ranked at 21 (way too low), vargas is too high, maidana too low, and who the hell is chris van heereden?
            He is actually decent, I watched him beat up on Hatton's brother a few weeks back, from South Africa I think. He got cut but did well in spurts, pretty decent boxer, not great

Comment

Even though they aren't as reliable as they once was...... I still use Ring rankings to some extent as a point of reference

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I checked on that just before the fight. Believe it or not they rated him the 46th best welterweight in the world. I think his fine performance earned him a big upgrade in the world welterweight rankings. I don't think too many 140 to 147 pounders will be begging to fight him. Bradley was mad Pacquiao did not rematch him. Here is Bradley's chance to set an example for Pacquiao and rematch the Russian in his next fight. I really don't think Bradley wants to share a ring with the Russian again.
                OK, that explains why they listed it as a 3 star fight. But weird he'd jump 30 spots, over Paulie, in computerized rankings off a loss. Maybe they'd added some intelligence to their program, that'd be news to me.

Comment

It's almost as if they go by Deadliest Warrior's computer scores..

Comment

Working...
                  X