No announcement yet.

Did Tyson often fight square on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Tyson often fight square on?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But Tyson was before my time so I never watched any of his fights, ive only seen small clips.

From the small clips ive seen he stands square on even when his opponent is unloading on him. Was this common for Tyson to do or did I just see a coincidental clip?

Thanks.

tyson fought out of the peek aboo style early in his carreer with his gloves held close to his face and he boobed and weaved and was difficult to hit he then change to a more orthadox style and got hit alot more. There is alot of footage on mike both on the net and espn classic I would suggest you take the view him at certain times in his career because he was a very exciting fighter to watch.

Comment

The whole thing about the 'peek-a-boo' style is that it is a square up style. Patterson moved away from it after the first Johannsson fight and eventually abandoned it. Tyson stayed squared up throughout his career; he also started standing straight up, became predictable in his attacks, and his reflexes slowed some. So he got hit more.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
        Sorry if this is a stupid question. But Tyson was before my time so I never watched any of his fights, ive only seen small clips.

From the small clips ive seen he stands square on even when his opponent is unloading on him. Was this common for Tyson to do or did I just see a coincidental clip?

Thanks.
        Why not just go to youtube and watch some fights. Every one of his recorded fights is there.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post

Thanks.
          Honestly mate and i hope this doesnt come across dickish in text but get off the boxing forum and go watch Mike Tyson crack skulls on YT for the rest of the day! If there is one fighter u really cant afford to miss in action its Iron Mike! Explosive footage

Comment

I've watched 7 or 8 of Tyson's fights, and based on what I've seen, yes, he generally fought squared up to his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              I've watched 7 or 8 of Tyson's fights, and based on what I've seen, yes, he generally fought squared up to his opponents.
              lol u went into gr8 detail about the tucker, tillis and thomas fights, dont lie u seen em all.

Comment

Not only did he fight squared up quite a bit.....he wound up southpaw a lot. When he was younger he did move his upper body a great deal but he never was turned much.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                  lol u went into gr8 detail about the tucker, tillis and thomas fights, dont lie u seen em all.
                  Great detail? I've seen those fights once... I've seen the Holmes fight, his fights with Razor Ruddock, and the first Holyfield fight. Will get around to watching the Douglas fight one of these days, but have way too many good fights ahead of that to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    Great detail? I've seen those fights once... I've seen the Holmes fight, his fights with Razor Ruddock, and the first Holyfield fight. Will get around to watching the Douglas fight one of these days, but have way too many good fights ahead of that to watch.
                    fair enough, so how can u say that theres 20 fighters that had a better meteoric rises to the top if you havnt even bothered to watch his early work, ur jus so anti tyson. Still waiting on those 20 fighters by the way

Comment

Working...
                    X