Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't people want Broner to clean out 135?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    I could've sworn I heard/read Vazquez wanted to fight him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Me too..... But ppl are taking a quote from an article at the Ring from Broners side and running with it

here's an article from our very own boxingscene after the Burns fight fell through.

http://www.boxingscene.com/vazquez-b...ady-now--60628

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      First of all having him at #5 P4P is ridiculous. I don't agree with that, he hasn't done enough yet to merit that spot.

But as I understand it Abril already has a fight scheduled with Bogere. And Vasquez turned down an offer to fight him. (Plus Ricky Burns is making unreasonable purse demands.)

Given all that taking the Rees fight is fine. He's the next highest ranked top 10 fighter available.
      They dont care about that info dude...they just want to be dickheads...Its better for them that way

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26
        Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ223

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll

First of all having him at #5 P4P is ridiculous. I don't agree with that, he hasn't done enough yet to merit that spot.

But as I understand it Abril already has a fight scheduled with Bogere. And Vasquez turned down an offer to fight him. (Plus Ricky Burns is making unreasonable purse demands.)

Given all that taking the Rees fight is fine. He's the next highest ranked top 10 fighter available.

I've seen man y ppl take this as fact for some reason when we haven't heard from Vazquez side.....

I could've sworn I heard/read Vazquez wanted to fight him.

If you Google "Miguel Vazquez wants Broner" you will find a couple of articles about him wanting to fight Broner. So Idk where people got that that Vazquez turned down a fight .

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          If you Google "Miguel Vazquez wants Broner" you will find a couple of articles about him wanting to fight Broner. So Idk where people got that that Vazquez turned down a fight .

"Golden Boy matchmaker Eric Gomez, however, said that Vazquez's camp bypassed an offer to fight Broner, who defeated DeMarco instead.

"Before we fought DeMarco, I offered [promoter] Fernando Beltran the fight earlier this year to fight Adrien Broner, and they turned down $350,000 for that fightt," said Gomez. "Fernando Beltran said that he was the co-promoter for Vazquez, and he turned down that offer."

Comment

*EDIT*

Never mind. Burner beat me to it.
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-10-2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post

"Golden Boy matchmaker Eric Gomez, however, said that Vazquez's camp bypassed an offer to fight Broner, who defeated DeMarco instead.

"Before we fought DeMarco, I offered [promoter] Fernando Beltran the fight earlier this year to fight Adrien Broner, and they turned down $350,000 for that fightt," said Gomez. "Fernando Beltran said that he was the co-promoter for Vazquez, and he turned down that offer."

So you take a quote from one fighters side and run with it???

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Golden Boy matchmaker Eric Gomez, however, said that Vazquez's camp bypassed an offer to fight Broner, who defeated DeMarco instead.

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...shot-at-broner
                Post 26.......

Comment

What did I "run with"? Didn't he just ask where everyone is getting "that" from?

So I showed him. I dont see what reason GBP has to lie though.

Comment

You don't think Eric Gomez is a credible source?

Comment

After rees,If he cant get burns,He should fight abril-borgue winner
                      then move up.

Comment

Working...
                      X