Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do posters honestly think the WBC would strip the winner of Cotto-Canelo??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they been very vocal about it. So IDK, but what is true is this "mandatory" issue has been worked out more than a year, so it dependes on how the WBC wants to play this game. Gettin sued or gettin respect....

I heard that the RING also is considering stripping the lineage if either fighter ducks the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      LOL,are you serious??? THEY ARE THE $$$$$$ THEY ARE THE BIG NAMES...They will tell GGG to agree to the catchweight if he wants the fight simple and plain..GGG brings no big money and needs to beat one of them to get to that level....LOL i remember the WBO MADE COTTO FIGHT MANNY AT A CATCHWEIGHT OR HE WAS GOING TO BE STRIPPED...cause MANNY was the BIG NAME AND THE $$$$$$
      What I read is, I'm a bias boxing fan and only care that the fighters I like get their just do. Why is it your so much in support of Canelo or Cotto defending the title at a catchweight.

You guys ***** about catchweight a than turn around and say but who's the A side.

Catchweight a should only be used for special attraction fights between two guys who fight in different divisions to level the playing field. Canelo is camping out at 155 and if organization had decency they will tell him to choose a division.

You guys all hoping and praying the WBC doesn't do the right thing. I see why no one takes this sport serious anymore the fans are majority losers.

Also the ring will be stripping the Canelo vs Cotto winner of the lineal title if they don't defend against GGG. The writing is on the wall.

Comment

LOL,are you serious??? THEY ARE THE $$$$$$ THEY ARE THE BIG NAMES...They will tell GGG to agree to the catchweight if he wants the fight simple and plain..GGG brings no big money and needs to beat one of them to get to that level....LOL i remember the WBO MADE COTTO FIGHT MANNY AT A CATCHWEIGHT OR HE WAS GOING TO BE STRIPPED...cause MANNY was the BIG NAME AND THE $$$$$$
        The real question: is Larry dumb enough to think the WBC would open itself up to a lawsuit similar to the Rocchigiani one which cost them $31 million dollars and almost bankrupt them again?

Comment

I don't think golovkin will step aside again. They kinda have no choice

Comment

Very good point Larry but if Cotto wins then they will strip him because he has one maybe two fights left in him.
            GGG has a few years left in him.
            Now if Canelo wins no way in hell will they strip him

Comment

What do the Sulimans think..

Comment

Big money thats kind of laughable because both Canelo and Cotto have never been the A side of a pay per view unless you count the sergio fight which didnt pull in millions of views. So they both had great dance partners for big money, the same will be said here. Now that GGG is getting recognized by apple and other brand names, thats free publicity for the WBC, its a middle weight title which is 160 either vacate the title and fight at 154 or canelo's special weight class of 155

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  Also the ring will be stripping the Canelo vs Cotto winner of the lineal title if they don't defend against GGG. The writing is on the wall.
                  The RING belt and the lineal belt are not one and the same. The Cotto/Canelo winner will be in possession of the lineal title until one of them retires or stops fighting at MW. They don't necessarily need to fight GGG in order to be the lineal champion, but they need him in order to sustain and strengthen the value of the lineage.

Comment

They might reconsider after the 97k showing.

Comment

They will make cotto/canelo winner champion emeritus,,
                      Have ggg fight someone for the regular super world title

Cotto/canelo will get mandatory shot anytime they want it, which they won't

Comment

Working...
                      X