No announcement yet.

KOvalev to take 56/44 split against Pascal. Expected 6 million split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
    Kind of hard to believe since they are fighting in pascal's hometown. I hope it's true because kovalev deserves that kind of money but I just can't see it.
    Usually fighting in another guy's hometown will get you a larger % of the split then fighting in your hometown. When negotiating, guys always want to fight in their hometown and always want more of the purse. It is unlikely a guy will both get his choice of venue and get more money based solely on fighting at that choice unless the other side are really bad negotiators.

Comment

Glad for Sergei - kid fought without pay until a coupla years ago and even since then has been fighting on short purses just to make his name (only 500K for the Hopkins unification also) - now he's got the belts he deserves the $s.

And you can't fault him on taking the easy fights either - Pascal is the last major name at LHW , though where he'll go next if the Stevenson fight can't be made is uncertain - there's masses of upcoming talent in the division, but no big money fights left.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
        Was skeptical of Sergei and Not a Kovaelev fan , still a bit bitter for lighting Hopkins up but god damn I love how he's handling his business in and out of the ring. Nothing but props to him.

Every day that passes he's making Adonis look like more of a b..it..ch.
        Hell yeah. Good for sergey. You can't knock a guy wanting to fight everyone.

Comment

Wow, Kovalev getting his due. That's some serious cash for a Russian fighter.

Comment

I didn't think there was $6m in this fight. Rematch clause a good idea for Kova, wouldn't be surprised to see him get caught early in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              I didn't think there was $6m in this fight. Rematch clause a good idea for Kova, wouldn't be surprised to see him get caught early in the fight.
              Pascal might have the speed to catch him the odd time, but Pascal ain't a KO artiste... I actually see Kovalev dominating and (though I hesitate cos Pascal has some whiskers and there's also few punches he doesn't see coming) I see Kovalev finishing this one earlier rather than later.

Pascal has to win rounds but to do so he's gonna have to open himself up and that's the one thing you can't do against Kovalev. This ain't a gunshy Bute we're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Pascal might have the speed to catch him the odd time, but Pascal ain't a KO artiste... I actually see Kovalev dominating and (though I hesitate cos Pascal has some whiskers and there's also few punches he doesn't see coming) I see Kovalev finishing this one earlier rather than later.

Pascal has to win rounds but to do so he's gonna have to open himself up and that's the one thing you can't do against Kovalev. This ain't a gunshy Bute we're talking about.
                Might not have to be with Kovalev. I'm still highly sceptical of his chin.

He hasn't been in with a puncher since Boone, and he knocked him down in the first fight. Granted Pascal is not a huge puncher either, but he has the speed and enough power to make it count if he catches him right.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm picking Kovalev by mid to late KO.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 12-05-2014, 05:19 AM.

Comment

That's very surprising, especially because of where they are fighting. Good for Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                  X