Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where do you rate Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's still garbage in my book........bring on the machine.

Comment

It just reinforced my opinion that he is not that good. Entertaining, a class above Berto.......but yet again, he dropped a lot of rounds to someone elite fighters wouldn't.

Put it this way. Whether you think he won or lost, in his 3 fights against PDL, Paulie and now Taylor, he has dropped between 15-18 rounds to these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        Has he convinced you that he made the jump from C-level to B-level? Or are you still on the fence?
        Nothing special just a pretty good fighter but nothing over a C plus

Comment

Same for now, beats Matthysse then his career is back on track.

If Broner stops fighting off of his backfoot, he is actually a very good fighter. I think Broner would make for a very good Pressure Fighter if he was to switch is style and stop fighting off of his damn Backfoot!

Comment

He is a C level fighter now that he's fighting fighters his size.

Comment

i don't think broner brought his power up with his higher weight.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                i don't think broner brought his power up with his higher weight.
                Agreed. At 147 his power clearly wasn't there. 140 he knocked down Taylor but Taylor seemed fine.

I don't remember him hurting Molina at all last May

Comment

At 140, I'd put Danny, Lucas, Peterson, Algieri, Ruslan, and Herrera ahead of him at this point in time. I'd say he's top 10. He doesn't enter the conversation for p4p ranking.

Comment

I think he is a solid B level fighter. When he fights behind the jab and lays off the damn ropes he is B+.
                    Last edited by SkillspayBills; 09-07-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I rate Broner and Khan around the same. Both are c-level fighters who masquerade as b level. They accomplish this in different ways.

Broner is tough as nails and has decent speed. But he's a stationary fighter who made his living beating up smaller men.

Khan is lightning quick but has terrible defensive liabilities and a busted chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X