Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is greater - Lennox Lewis or Joe Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennox, without doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I would say Jimmy McLarnin.
      He was a Canadian, arguably the best Canadian boxer ever.

Originally posted by TGD View Post
      A lot of respect for Lewis, ATG heavyweight in my opinion, but Calzaghe is P4P the best fighter to come out of the UK.
      I agree.

Joe Calzaghe is very underrated.

Comment

Lennox i'd say...he ruled a more difficult and dangerous division, got his signature wins v other ATGs, avenged his losses ... and not to forget he had the Olympic gold medal as well, some don't count the importance of that but it does add to the greatness somewhat, especially when you can transfer that am success into the pros.

Joe had a good career but people seem to look a bit down on it as he fought his main standout fighters way past their prime, and some question his technique...still, a great champ in his own right, but Lennox gets the nod for this 'award'.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I voted for Joe. He never lost a fight and had a huge number of successful world title defenses and he beat Jones and Hopkins. I would have voted for Lewis but he lost two fights by getting knocked out early. He reversed those two losses but that does not make them disappear.
          I really think you are looking at this wrong. The Joe wins were over much lower caliber competition for most of his career. Also the marquee name wins were not prime in any sense of the word.

What is more impressive than coming back and beating someone who beat you? It shows how great you are and that you learn and builds not detracts from a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
            He was a Canadian, arguably the best Canadian boxer ever.

I agree.

Joe Calzaghe is very underrated.
            Born in the UK though.

Comment

Working...
            X