Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Nontio Donaire fighting somone noteable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by o.s.i.r.i.s View Post
    this is the gospel truth. People get mad at me for saying this but darchinyan>donaire. Why because instead of getting gassed over a career defining win (pacheco) he has consistently went out and face top fighter after top fighter. All of this why nonaire continues to fight garbage @ss fighters.
    qft.........

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      I'd like to know what happened to know what happened to the Darchinyan that learned to pump his jab out and then follow combinations off that jab. He destroyed Mijares with it and used it in a couple of other fights. It seemed to disapper ocasionally in the arce fight and then it wasn't even there the last two fights.
      I know!!! Tell me about it man!

When he uses the jab and builds off that he is a good, good fighter, he combines baffling awkwardness, power and real skill. But when the dude goes left hand crazy which happens a lot he is predictable, easy to read and downright vulnerable to a good counter puncher.

Comment

Juanma vs Donaire at 122 would be the shiznit, although donaire would have to go up 7 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxas View Post
          qft.........
          Well disprove what I said. Who the **** has Donaire since the Darchinyan fight outside of bums? Atleast respond with some type of intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
            Well disprove what I said. Who the **** has Donaire since the Darchinyan fight outside of bums? Atleast respond with some type of intellect.
            Because he's the lower weights' version of Paul Williams. He's very tall and has a huge reach advantage for flyweights and bantamweights. Noone really wants to fight him.

Aside from his most recent fight with Martinez what had Paul Williams done since the Margarito fight???

Comment

FWIW I actually like Donaire but think of my comments as me saying something that needs to be said to Nonito. He has the talent and is in his prime. All I want is for him to step up and face top guys instead of bums. Don't give me that ducking **** either because there are a ton of guys in the lower classes that will fight anyone.

Hasegawa is looking for a reason to come to america. For damn sure he is not afraid on Nonito Donaire

Also these guys also will fight anyone
              Yohhny Perez
              Nehomar Cermeno
              Anselmo Moreno
              Joseph Agbecko

Comment

Donaire is overrated, its sickening dude has fought nothing but bums, and he's supposed to be a top p4p fighter? if nobody wants to fight him, move up.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                  FWIW I actually like Donaire but think of my comments as me saying something that needs to be said to Nonito. He has the talent and is in his prime. All I want is for him to step up and face top guys instead of bums. Don't give me that ducking **** either because there are a ton of guys in the lower classes that will fight anyone.

Hasegawa is looking for a reason to come to america. For damn sure he is not afraid on Nonito Donaire

Also these guys also will fight anyone
                  Yohhny Perez
                  Nehomar Cermeno
                  Anselmo Moreno
                  Joseph Agbecko
                  The $$$ has to be right, though. Trust me, Hasegawa is fine where he's at, unless he can be offered more cash than he'll ever make in his own country.

It ain't Nonito's fault that the biggest names in his division have not stepped up, Arce and Montiel !!

Comment

Originally posted by NYU Alum. View Post
                    The $$$ has to be right, though. Trust me, Hasegawa is fine where he's at, unless he can be offered more cash than he'll ever make in his own country.

It ain't Nonito's fault that the biggest names in his division have not stepped up, Arce and Montiel !!
                    arce is **** now, so dont even bring him up. Nonito needs to move up if he wants to fight Montiel.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                      Because he's the lower weights' version of Paul Williams. He's very tall and has a huge reach advantage for flyweights and bantamweights. Noone really wants to fight him.

Aside from his most recent fight with Martinez what had Paul Williams done since the Margarito fight???
                      Victories over Mitchell, stopping Mathysse, avenging the Quintana loss, and being the first guy to stop Verno Phillips is a very solid resume. Its more than what i can say for Donaire, whos career has stagnated as of late. I have to agree that at the moment, Donaire has shown p4p skills, but in reality its only been against Darchinyan in terms of world class competition. Granted not all of it is his fault, but the fact is, hes still within his power to move up, if hes so tall and intimidating, its exactly what williams did, and now the fights that need to happen for him are happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X