Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins says you dont become great off of sympathy, is GGG great middleweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins says you dont become great off of sympathy, is GGG great middleweight?

thoughts

By the time ggg retires he will likely go down as one of the greatest middleweights ever.
    Continue to beat the best challengers.

Comment

Bernard was a Middleweight into his 40th birthday. GGG is 34 and already has a long list of defenses ala Hagler and Bernard before him. Bernard and Hagler both also didn't see their bigger payday fights into late in their careers (mind you, against Welterweights) which seems like the same will happen with GGG. Trust me, GGG hasn't fought his last Welter yet.

Comment

No, but you become great by beating the best guys around you. So let your boy Canelo fight him and let both strive for greatness.

Canelo and Golden Boy cronies need to stay quiet about GGG really. You can't duck a man and then talk **** about his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          No, but you become great by beating the best guys around you. So let your boy Canelo fight him and let both strive for greatness.

Canelo and Golden Boy cronies need to stay quiet about GGG really. You can't duck a man and then talk **** about his resume.
          Hopkins is one of the greatest middleweights of all time, who actually went up and competed with the best at 175 and won titles there

he can say whatever he wants regardless of his affiliation with Golden boy

proof is in the pudding, he dared to be great....GGG hasnt done anything to be considered great yet...he is a good fighter for sure

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            Bernard was a Middleweight into his 40th birthday. GGG is 34 and already has a long list of defenses ala Hagler and Bernard before him. Bernard and Hagler both also didn't see their bigger payday fights into late in their careers (mind you, against Welterweights) which seems like the same will happen with GGG. Trust me, GGG hasn't fought his last Welter yet.
            you think so bro...i dont think his team will let that happen considering the backlasgh from the brook fight

Only Welterweight big enough to attempt this is Spence and he is still a prospect/contender

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              By the time ggg retires he will likely go down as one of the greatest middleweights ever.
              Continue to beat the best challengers.
              If he could eliminate Sanders, Eubank and jacobs its a step in the right direction

he is running out of time though

Comment

GGG has a chance to be great..Hopkins resume at 160 was far from impressive to be honest. His best wins are at 175 IMO

Comment

I can't take Hopkins at his word regarding anything Golovkin related. He "challenged" Golovkin to immediately go fight Ward/Kovalev winner - a move that's clearly there to protect Canelo from that fight. I'll listen to BHop in regards to most other things, except for this.

And Hopkins talking about moving up is absolutely ridiculous. He moved up when he FORTY years old after he lost. If he wants Golovkin to follow in his footsteps, then BHop needs to shut the hell up for 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                    GGG has a chance to be great..Hopkins resume at 160 was far from impressive to be honest. His best wins are at 175 IMO
                    yep.....I wasnt really impressed with anything he did at 160 but he was very consistent and showed great skills and was dominant. I did like the tito performance but I picked him to win. A physically stronger, larger boxer usually beats a smaller puncher.

he proved his greatness after he moved up to 175.

Comment

Working...
                    X