Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman said on commentary......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Kellerman said on commentary......

If this fight was in the UK and the ref deducted 2points from an American fighter for pushing how would we (Americans) feel?

Legit question.

It depends if it was warranted, duh.

The ref, while I actually kind of liked his officiating, was simply a little incompetent. I mean, he gave Khan that knockdown when he didnt deserve it in the first round.

the one thing I did like about him is that he let the fight on the inside. Dammit I hate refs that have a wah wah attack as soon as they get to close range.

He DID give Khan a million warnings about pushing down on Peterson's head. And Khan did it repeatedly, and for long periods of time, not just quick shoves for positioning.

Comment

the point deductions were bull****...that ref is a ******

but i agree with Peterson, if they were gonna take points off, it should have been for Amir grabbing Peterson's head all the time

Comment

It doesn't matter at this point whether one was rooting for either Khan or Peterson. That ref affected the fight.

The FAIR thing to do (and I'm sure any objective poster would attest to this) is to make an immediate rematch.

I was rooting for Peterson and am glad he got to be champion but that referee didn't handle the fight very well.

I'm glad Peterson's a nice guy and had no problem saying that he'd give Khan a rematch.

I'll be looking forward to the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
          It doesn't matter at this point whether one was rooting for either Khan or Peterson. That ref affected the fight.

The FAIR thing to do (and I'm sure any objective poster would attest to this) is to make an immediate rematch.

I was rooting for Peterson and am glad he got to be champion but that referee didn't handle the fight very well.

I'm glad Peterson's a nice guy and had no problem saying that he'd give Khan a rematch.

I'll be looking forward to the rematch.
          Great post have some green

Comment

He warned khan a lot during the action but at no point did he stop the fight and tell khan if you do it again I'm going to take a point.

Also lamont was pushing as well, he was pushing him into the ropes to do his body work. And he used his forearm into khan's face a lot. Yet he never said anything to khan!

I don't think it's fair on lamont that the ref is being talked about a lot more then him, it's kinda taken the shine away from him. And he does deserve a load of praise!

Comment

Rounds weren't too hard to score and Amir won the fight even with the points off (he even wins the fight if you take the points off and take away his knockdown). Peterson only won 4 rounds.

So, even without the point deductions, something was in the air.

But you have to expect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
                Rounds weren't too hard to score and Amir won the fight even with the points off (he even wins the fight if you take the points off and take away his knockdown). Peterson only won 4 rounds.

So, even without the point deductions, something was in the air.

But you have to expect it.
                This here I gave lamont rounds 3,4,7 and 8. The fight was level going into the 9th and from there khan took over. But it's cool I will remember this day and when the shoes on the other foot (it will be) I won't expect moaning from certain people

Comment

I am sure somebody is working on a video right now show that the Ref was warning Khan about his pushing MULTIPLE TIMES!

I thought the Ref did a good job LETTING THE FIGHT, that is why the fight was good, it wasn't someone like Joe Cortez stepping in and protecting Khan from fighting inside

I guess Max never seen the Dirrell vs Froch fight...Dirrell got a point taken away late in that fight WITHOUT ANY WARNING

This was FAR FROM ROBBERY because it was a good close fight, I thought Khan was just EXPOSED and "Robbery" is just a way for Golden Boy as well as his DIED HARD FANS to save his IMAGE

but the Blue Print has already been laid out on how to beat KHAN= Body Shots, Pressure and He SUCKS AT FIGHTING INSIDE!

A Mere Con is/was OVERRATED, deep down I think even his fans knew it...but they have their PRIDE and their PRIDE BLINDS THEM FROM THE TRUTH...if not Peterson then Bradley or Mayweather (who ever fought him first) was going to EXPOSE HIM!
                  Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 12-11-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                    He warned khan a lot during the action but at no point did he stop the fight and tell khan if you do it again I'm going to take a point.

Also lamont was pushing as well, he was pushing him into the ropes to do his body work. And he used his forearm into khan's face a lot. Yet he never said anything to khan!

I don't think it's fair on lamont that the ref is being talked about a lot more then him, it's kinda taken the shine away from him. And he does deserve a load of praise!
                    That's my thing,he never gave him that hard warning before he took any of the points..That where the problem is,not so much that the points were taken but the fact he was not very clear about what the issues were and how close he was to penalizing Khan..

Comment

Working...
                    X