Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People claim that Pac & Floyd avoided slick boxers, but 1 name always goes unnoticed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People claim that Pac & Floyd avoided slick boxers, but 1 name always goes unnoticed

Juan Manuel Marquez.

One thing Marquez hated was having to be the aggressor against slick fighters, so what did he do? He avoided them altogether. He never, EVER wanted to have to go through what Floyd subjected him to in their fight. All that running, blocking, ducking, moving was too much for him.

It's no wonder he won't even consider taking on Crawford or anyone of that nature. He wants to bank off the slow plodders like Rios and Alvarado.

Who are these "slick" boxers that Pac and Floyd avoided?

I'm learning that many people don't actually know what slick is, so can I see a list of names?

Comment

Originally posted by BromethuesBob View Post
      Juan Manuel Marquez.

One thing Marquez hated was having to be the aggressor against slick fighters, so what did he do? He avoided them altogether. He never, EVER wanted to have to go through what Floyd subjected him to in their fight. All that running, blocking, ducking, moving was too much for him.

It's no wonder he won't even consider taking on Crawford or anyone of that nature. He wants to bank off the slow plodders like Rios and Alvarado.
      It had nothing to do with being the aggressor or countering! Floyd popped him anytime he made a mistake! Whether its a lead, counter, just far too good for JMM. Floyd came to the center of the ring and did work from start to finish Lol

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez.

Crawford isn't a big name he can fight a clown like Rios an make Tim Bradley money

Comment

Juan Manuel Marquez.

The guy is over 40yrs old ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
            Who are these "slick" boxers that Pac and Floyd avoided?

I'm learning that many people don't actually know what slick is, so can I see a list of names?
            Boxing hippies are now giving a new meaning to slick. They're tired of making fun of "slick" and using it as a punchline. If you can't beat em join em. They're like 'my fave fighter is now slick too!'

Comment

floyd ducked greased lightning amir khan and fought dripping molasses andre berto

turn your slickness badge in boy

Comment

I know Pacquiao fought the Loser of Erik Morales vs Zahir Raheem instead of fighting the winner but I somewhat understand that because he wanted revenge but Zahir Raheem had a style that would've given anybody problems back then

As for Mayweather, really don't know many "Slick" fighters he could've fought but didn't. Emanuel Augustus aka Emmanuel Burton at the time was as slick as they came and that time. Maybe Winky Wright I guess

Comment

Good point, Marquez look like **** when fighting chris john. i still score that fight draw but man Marquez really look uncomfortable being the aggressor

Comment

His main concern with this comeback is making money in fights against anyone other than Pacquiao with a big name.

Comment

Working...
                    X