No announcement yet.

Matthyse Vs. Prime Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
    Cotto outboxes Lucas all day everyday. Lucas doesnt finish off Judah but yet he finishes a prime Cotto? Please.
    Cotto>Lucas

Comment

Prime Cotto wins clear over Lucas. Lucas was taken 12 and beat by a faded Judah. This is the same Judah who was taken out by Khan. Lucas is all hype following his overrated win over a drug cheat who we know was clean in that fight, Lamont PEDerson.

Malignaggi gave a good account of himself against Cotto. But had face broken, in the process.

Lucas telegraphs his shots, is pretty crude in his approach.

If he doesn't take Garcia out, I expect him to be timed and countered by Garcia's solid fundamentals.

Comment

Originally posted by King_Rome View Post
        Who do you think wins that matchup?
        A prime Cotto would **** that dude up.....he'd beat ALL the 140 pounders of today at 147....I don't even think anyone of them would go the distance.....Cotto's tough schedule is a gift and a curse Imo.....he gets credit for fighting the monsters but a few of his performances and a few result sseem to be embedded in brains and that's where the misconceptions about Cotto's skill set kicks in

Cotto destroys Lucas, Danny, Khan and any other 140 pound stud in the game today....Rios gives him the toughest fight imho

Comment

Cotto at 140lbs was a beast. I think he combos the snot out of Luscious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
            A prime Cotto would **** that dude up.....he'd beat ALL the 140 pounders of today at 147....I don't even think anyone of them would go the distance.....Cotto's tough schedule is a gift and a curse Imo.....he gets credit for fighting the monsters but a few of his performances and a few result sseem to be embedded in brains and that's where the misconceptions about Cotto's skill set kicks in

Cotto destroys Lucas, Danny, Khan and any other 140 pound stud in the game today....Rios gives him the toughest fight imho
            I don't think 140 Cotto "destroys" either Matthysse or Garcia. He was still on the comeup then and had tough fights with comparable or lesser fighters.

Prime Cotto's a different matter, he probably beats the hell out of either.

Comment

Cotto either plays into Lucas's hands, and gets faded or Lucas gets hurt to the body.

I'll tell you one thing, Cotto isn't gonna run like Zab, and Lucas isn't a journeymen like Torres.

Torres with Lucas' boxing ability might've stopped Cotto. You gotta remember that.

Cotto's chin wasn't the best at 140 either, because of the weight cut.

50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post

Rios lmao...

Comment

Helluva fight right there. Cotto in his prime was a killer. I think it's a 50-50 fight.

Comment

it really depends if Matthysse can land enough heavy punches and if Cotto can take that power. if Cotto slugs it out, he might be taking a dirt nap... but if he moves and boxes he could pull a Judah and Devon and win on decision.

Comment

Cotto was chinny at 140... Abdulluev rocked him and Tores almost took his head off.

Comment

Working...
                      X