No announcement yet.

Inactive Boxers Are Killing The Sport Of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inactive Boxers Are Killing The Sport Of Boxing

fighters need to stay busy to build up the sport and generate enough action to get more viewers and expand it's fan base. fans want to see fights where elite boxers face off in the ring. that said, so called champions should defend their belt at least every 3-4 months because most champions get in the ring nowadays once or twice per year, that's not good enough. it's creates a vacuum that is then filled by untested (unworthy) fighters, belts are just handed down to the next guy like a pair of 2nd hand shoes.

this needs to change and those sanctioning bodies should stops with that favoritism crap and start enforcing their own rules, which is to defend the belt every 3-4 months.

i'm not mentioning names here but everyone knows who those inactive boxers are.

your thoughts?

incredibly dumb ass nationalistic fans that didnt follow the sport until theyre fighter came about are killing the sport

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      incredibly dumb ass nationalistic fans that didnt follow the sport until theyre fighter came about are killing the sport
      Delightful curtains in the background there.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
        did i hit a nerve? oh well, what come around goes around

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
          did i hit a nerve? oh well, what come around goes around
          i wasnt talkin bout u but now that u mention it...good job admitting what u really are lmao

Comment

Inactivity not only hurts a boxer's marketability but does little for his career and skills. It is the job of managers, promoters and trainers to keep thier fighter busy. If the fighter is busy, it means more time in the gym so they are constantly getting better and less free time to get into trouble in the outside world.

Unfortunitely many managers, promoters and trainers today are just not doing their job well. Which is too bad for us the fans and the fighters.

Comment

There are always fights going on and fighters come and go from the sport. Boxers will do what they do and have never really been the reliable sort, it is why I don't get concerned about what an individual boxer does there is always someone else to be checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                There are always fights going on and fighters come and go from the sport. Boxers will do what they do and have never really been the reliable sort, it is why I don't get concerned about what an individual boxer does there is always someone else to be checking out.
                that may be true but reliable boxers as you put it generate stability in an unstable sport. once champions solidify their status, they become a towering beacon of perseverance where every people from all walks of life can relate to. god i love boxing metaphors

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                  that may be true but reliable boxers as you put it generate stability in an unstable sport. once champions solidify their status, they become a towering beacon of perseverance where every people from all walks of life can relate to. god i love boxing metaphors
                  Boxing is and always will be an unstable sport, it is part of the charm that things are always in motion.

The life of a title holder is short, somebody will always be gunning for that spot whether the guy vanishes or gets beat somebody will always be looking to take that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Boxing is and always will be an unstable sport, it is part of the charm that things are always in motion.

The life of a title holder is short, somebody will always be gunning for that spot whether the guy vanishes or gets beat somebody will always be looking to take that spot.
                    i guess take the good with the bad. take some, get some. champions are short lived, but once a decade or so someone comes along that changes everything. so i guess change is good once in while

Comment

Working...
                    X