Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be a farce it Khan-Rios was made at 138lb Catch-weight for both titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be a farce it Khan-Rios was made at 138lb Catch-weight for both titles?

This would be more appealing to Khan imo, it would give him the chance to become a 2 division champ aswell as rios, 138 catchweight for the wba 135 and 140 title....A legit match-up or a farce?

legit matchup imo. i think rios should just move up though. guerrero and soto moved to 140. jmm isn't fighting at lw atm. so this is really his best option, no real challenges left for rios at 135 imo. perhaps khan faces the guerrero/maidana winner and rios takes a tuneup for the winner of that fight at 140. if only man...

Comment

What is the downside for Rios?

If he loses, he keeps his titles.

Comment

At 138 the 135 TITLE CAN'T BE AT STAKE

138=JWW DIVISION

Comment

I don't think Khan will go that low, i think he wants to go up not down.

fighting Rios if he was anyway drained would be a disaster as Rios would be strong at 138

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
            I don't think Khan will go that low, i think he wants to go up not down.

fighting Rios if he was anyway drained would be a disaster as Rios would be strong at 138
            Agreed. Khan can barely hit 140 at weigh in, no way he will go to 138.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
              legit matchup imo. i think rios should just move up though. guerrero and soto moved to 140. jmm isn't fighting at lw atm. so this is really his best option, no real challenges left for rios at 135 imo. perhaps khan faces the guerrero/maidana winner and rios takes a tuneup for the winner of that fight at 140. if only man...
              he wants to unify

he also said that if he is on Nov's card (which he is) and JMM loses he will offer up his belt for JMM to come down to 135 for one last there at that weight. He considers JMM the best (after him) and wants to fight the best before moving up

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                he wants to unify

he also said that if he is on Nov's card (which he is) and JMM loses he will offer up his belt for JMM to come down to 135 for one last there at that weight. He considers JMM the best (after him) and wants to fight the best before moving up

how you see that one playing out

Comment

6-9 months ago now way he was ready in my eyes

now? I honestly think he beats JMM but I have huge bias because he and I are real close

while people crap on him for the lack of maturity outside of the ring (which in a lot of ways is overstated but you have to know him to get it) inside the ring especially against Acosta he showed composure to go along with a skillset he will never get credit for (an amazing inside game). His footwork has improved tons because even though he is slow he manages to stay in front of his opponent with constant pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                    6-9 months ago now way he was ready in my eyes

now? I honestly think he beats JMM but I have huge bias because he and I are real close

while people crap on him for the lack of maturity outside of the ring (which in a lot of ways is overstated but you have to know him to get it) inside the ring especially against Acosta he showed composure to go along with a skillset he will never get credit for (an amazing inside game). His footwork has improved tons because even though he is slow he manages to stay in front of his opponent with constant pressure

i also think he roughs up JMM

Comment

Working...
                    X